General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Vibrating Fog Lights = Radar Ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Starting Member
zball94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ohsofly
I doubt it... A cop let me look down the laser gun once and check sone cars... Its like a rifle scope and very accurate. Besides he said they point it at your windshield not thr foglights.

Cant hurt to try, but i think it would be a waste of your time. The best you will get to fight it is a reduction of the fines.
I got hit on a single lane road by an RCMP car who was driving towards me. Do they have lasers that can do that? I know radar can be used while driving but not sure about laser... (driving while looking down a scope seems dangerous lol)

And I should probably note that the lights were not on, and that's not my case. My case is that the radar/laser hit the reflectors behind my fogs, reflected funny due to vibrations, and gave a wonky reading.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Don't bother bother trying to con your way out of it as the road your trying to go down is completely bogus and they'll see right through the argument which won't strengthen your position.

Either try to plead it down with the DA or suck it up and pay the fine. You were caught speeding. You just have to make the best of it.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:01 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Good luck.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:08 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road
Smile

Originally Posted by ohsofly
I doubt it... A cop let me look down the laser gun once and check sone cars... Its like a rifle scope and very accurate. Besides he said they point it at your windshield not thr foglights.

Cant hurt to try, but i think it would be a waste of your time. The best you will get to fight it is a reduction of the fines.
Or a bigger fine. I don't know about courts in Canada but here no telling what a judge might come up with.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Beginning Member
meatbag is on a distinguished road

Suck it up. You were doing 70kh/hr and got caught.
It sucks, but it happens.
Now, put on your tin-foil hat, and SLOW DOWN!
;-}