General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 04:57 PM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

Been hauling this guy back and fourth lately. Just picked up that 4x12 for 160 at the local Sam Ash... Just got in with this band a week ago and we have a gig coming up in two so I had to have something fast and cheap!!! Sounds awesome, has Eminence Legends that are American voiced and it goes great with that old Peavey head.

Now the real fun is going to be seeing how much band equipment can be stuffed in a Blazer! I have that half stack, a spare head, 3 guitars, cables and pedals, then a tool box and my 2x12 subs. And it doesnt hardly even take up that much room, even with the seats up.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-10392307_922495144443485_4257040810630868751_n.jpg  
Old 05-25-2014, 06:36 PM
Beginning Member
AGodlyCanuck is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
^^^ Holy carnage there! How many miles on that one?
There is about 302,xxxKM's...
I know the transmission is good because it came from a rear ended one that had 78xxxKM's :P

So once this engine comes in... ill be happy :3

Old 05-26-2014, 02:20 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Badco
Now the real fun is going to be seeing how much band equipment can be stuffed in a Blazer! I have that half stack, a spare head, 3 guitars, cables and pedals, then a tool box and my 2x12 subs. And it doesnt hardly even take up that much room, even with the seats up.
I can get a full set of drums and a sound system w/QSC K12's and a JBL Eon subwoofer in mine. Just got back from NYC with the drums, sub, mixing board, large hand truck and 2 passengers. Stomped on it getting on the West Side Highway, and it took off like a shot... with all that weight in it and 200,000 miles...

BTW, does George Jetson know you stole his guitar?

Old 05-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Franco
I can get a full set of drums and a sound system w/QSC K12's and a JBL Eon subwoofer in mine. Just got back from NYC with the drums, sub, mixing board, large hand truck and 2 passengers. Stomped on it getting on the West Side Highway, and it took off like a shot... with all that weight in it and 200,000 miles...

BTW, does George Jetson know you stole his guitar?
Full set of drums eh? I'm thinking I can get all three of my rig (1 halfstack, 3 guitars), the rhythms (1 2x12 and 1 4x12, 2 guitars), and the bassists rig (1 2x12, 1 bass) in there no problem, or my rig and the drum kit. Maybe the mixing board. The drummer has a bloody Cadillac SUV so I know we shouldn't have no problems as far as room goes.

But I should be rolling good then, I have a tick under 130k. A bit of a tranny slip is really my only concern, and I think it's just the fluid needs changed. Both of our gigs coming up are less than a half hour drive away.

George Jetson must have been hard up for cash though, that old girl is a pawn shop special!!!

By hand truck, you mean a dolly and not a pallet jack, right?

Old 05-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Beginning Member
Nyccooldude is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Robt77
push the dome override button 4 times. I.m not sure of your motives but this will shut off your auto headlights, and maybe your drl for that trip only.
Tried it wont work for me!

Old 05-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Beginning Member
BoulderCO is on a distinguished road

I have an 02 with 117,000 on it, picked it up the other day for 2100. Today I replaced the distributor cap and rotor, getting rid of the service engine soon light, mechanically she's pretty good now. Here's what I have left to fix, ranked from most important to negligible.

Parking break won't stay, the brake works, but it won't stay engaged. I think it's a simple connection somewhere but I can't figure it out.

Driver seat recline handle(metal looks broken, may not be fixable)

Center console lid won't stay closed, but I can't seem to find a new lid for under $50, don't know if it's worth it.

Missing volume know on stereo. Again can't find one for under $8, don't know if it's worth it, and my dad would know if I took the one from his Yukon with the same head.

Plastic piece that surrounds the windows and lock controls on the drivers door won't stay in place, little plastic piece is broken. Can't find the trim piece anywhere.

So aside from the parking break all the issues seem to be cosmetic, and I can't decide if it's worth fixing them. With the new distributor cap and rotor, she runs great, especially for 2100... Plus it's clean, no rust spots, very few scratches, etc

Old 05-27-2014, 08:10 PM
Beginning Member
BoulderCO is on a distinguished road

Ok well in the past few minutes I've made more discoveries. There is no air filter in this car, I'm going to pick one up first thing in the morning, and after about 20 miles the service engine light came back on. It seems to be missing a little bit at idle. I figure it could use new spark plugs. I ordered an obd reader but I won't be here for a few days. All we have in town(steamboat for the summer, not boulder) is a napa and car quest, do you know if either of them will scan my computer for free?

Old 05-27-2014, 10:27 PM
Starting Member

You can always call them and ask. Most places don't mind since it's a sales gimmick.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:21 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BoulderCO
Ok well in the past few minutes I've made more discoveries. There is no air filter in this car, ....
Yikes .... I would say there's your problem. Depending on how long, or how dusty the conditions were, I'd say that entire intake manifold needs a real good cleaning - everything from the filter to the engine. Won't take much grit to get a MAF to stop working ...

Running without a filter can completely destroy an engine in just a few thousand miles - NOT good! Hopefully the previous owners didn't drive it that way much ....

Old 05-28-2014, 06:56 AM
Beginning Member
Strider is on a distinguished road

You can get the seat recline lever from Rock Auto, but I wouldn't bother. The new one will break, too. Alternate - use Vise Grips to get the seat where you want it and leave it there.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?