General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Was going thru that same crap with my buddy's '96 Tahoe a couple weeks back. Thing has been here for over a year ... and hasn't run in nearly 5! Looong story on that one .... but after I got it mostly buttoned back up, tried to start it, and ZERO fuel pressure - the brand new zero mile pump he put in 4 or 5 years back is dead.

I think the problem with this thing from the get go was the computer. Got one at the junkyard for $80 after tax. Might as well try it at this point ...

People wonder why I love carburetors so much!

Old 07-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Thager is on a distinguished road

i removed the lower air dam from under the bumper , mine was cracked from plowing through snow drifts this winter.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_1832.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_1834.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_1835.jpg  
Old 07-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Beginning Member
redz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
Better quality with knukonceptz, Just saying..
I agree.. The wire at knukonceptz is top notch!

Old 07-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Beginning Member
redz is on a distinguished road

Got my Blazer Back!! Boy did I miss not having a vehicle for a couple weeks..

Basically......... My blazer would die while in drive.. All power to the engine, power steering would die... Dash/Subs/Amp etc would still be working.

The one day where it died I was on the highway.. Thank god I was in the shoulder lane when I realized what happened.

Got my buddy(mechanic) to take a look at her..

What he deemed the issue to be was the bypass built into the old remote start was failing... He took out the remote start along with the immobilizer and the truck runs flawless...

I was getting a knocking sounds in 4x4 back in spring... When he looked at this he couldn't find anything wrong.. Checked out the diff and the truck was working perfect.. Assuming ice got built up in there over spring from slush and such..

The third issue I got him to look into was my check engine light was coming on.. I don't recall the code but it was in related to the carbon filter connected to the gas tank..
The problem ended up being a broken wire here...

All and all my truck is driving great and best of all no check engine light... LoL

Old 07-07-2014, 03:23 PM
ski9600 is on a distinguished road
Default ICM's

Originally Posted by richphotos
icm's are expensive little things.

So what's the specification/value/when it's bad factor on the ICM?

Old 07-07-2014, 03:41 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ski9600
So what's the specification/value/when it's bad factor on the ICM?
I dont get your question, but for an AC delco, its 88 bucks for the ICM.

When its bad, it can do a few different things, There were no signs for this going bad until the day it happened. Truck died at a stop light, fired right back up, mile later died and would not start again.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:03 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

That's EXACTLY what happened to my buddy's Tahoe. He tore into the timing cover thinking it jumped time .. which on these newer V8's is part of the damn oil pan gasket. He tried lowering the pan (4x4) ... got frustrated and hacked the Y pipe in 2 ... broke all the bolts off the passenger side flange ... then gave up. That's what I've been picking at the past year and a few months ...

Just finally lifted the engine & installed new pan and timing cover gaskets ... and now the fuel pump don't work (brand new, but sat 4-5 years with no fuel in the tank). After reviewing what happened originally, I bought a computer at the boneyard for $80 to try out. 90 day guarantee, so might as well.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:59 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

ICM went bad, took it to a shop to get it put in, Do not have time during the week to mess around with the truck. BWD ignition parts from oriely are garbage.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I drove it for the first time in months!!!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2014, 04:42 AM
Forist72 is on a distinguished road

Went and rented a fuel pressure tester, have been wanting to do this for some time now. I am getting 52LBs with it running and when I turn it off it drops to 40LBs in 5 mins. When i clear the gauge to 0LBs and turn the key on it goes to 10 to 20 LBS untill I start it then it goes to 52LBs.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?