General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 09:59 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
Better man than me. I wouldn't mess with desoldering all that mess, hells no.
LMFAO man, I only do it when I am drunk. I do not think about it as much of how much damn work I am going through.

I could just get new LED's but the Limileds are not cheap.

Old 02-21-2016, 04:40 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

custom made 8.5 wires with heat boots on them . next the headers and then the comp cam and computer flash

Old 02-21-2016, 08:27 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Got the circuit boards in the mail to start building the LED arrays.... I should just start a build thread.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:38 AM
TxTurtle is on a distinguished road

Scored a nice hood for $40 off of craigslist for mine yesterday. Need to sand it & primer it, then get one of my friends to paint it to match or at least as close as possible before I put it on. Probably be a while, but a junk yard hood in questionable shape starts around $75 & goes up from there depending on what they want to charge you based on condition.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:20 PM
Tony H is an unknown quantity at this point

Daughters Blazer '02. Oil Cooler line was weeping from the steel pipe portion. The steel pipe rusted where it runs above the oil Filter assembly, where you can't see it. So all the talk about cutting off the crimp and replacing it with Hose clamps went out the window. After seeing how buried the sections of steel line to rubber line is, I would want to pull these Coolant lines off the car IF I ever was to cut off the pressed clamps and replace with hose clamps, . It's gotta save time over fighting with them hidden. Not to mention you probably have to spend more time taking the Fan and shroud off. I replaced this 'Oil Filter Assembly to Radiator' hose with only the removal of the Bottom Shield and the Air Filter box. That gave me plenty of room to work and run the new lines. No reason to take out the Fan and Shroud.
One key Suggestion. Get/borrow the correct tool to get the connections (JIFFY-TITE) going into the radiator. MUCH better then prying the Springs with a Mechanics Pick. Get the tool that is small and round (like Lisle #22990 4) as compared to the one that has a bit more handle to it. (Lisle #22710) It's tight for that handle type one at the shroud. I thru a coat of Rustoleum on the area that rusted out on the old ones. Maybe it'll help.

Last edited by Tony H; 02-26-2016 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:21 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

took the tarp partially off to make sure nothing made a house in there over the winter if that counts. kinda sad this thing hasnt been out in almost 2 years. no one i know goes offroad anymore and i hate going by myself. cant really sell it as its not really worth anything. hopefully i can roll it down a hill or something so i can get rid of it

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img-20151018-00330_zpsapg6a868.jpg  
Old 02-29-2016, 06:30 AM
Coleman Mason is on a distinguished road

I tinted all of the lights inside red to match the radio and paint job looks great i'm happy with it.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:51 PM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road

I installed window visors front & back and replaced the missing plastic fasteners for the front air dam/bumper valance with earlier bolt & capture nut clips. The recent snow pulled it off ! Now I can have some fresh air when it's raining and leave the windows cracked open,clandestinely,in the sun without worrying about rain

Old 02-29-2016, 08:46 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Yesterday, test fitting the dual 32" light bar setup. Got the push bar duplicates all done and powder coated.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-imag0235_zpsf9xvtdjc.jpg  
Old 03-07-2016, 02:50 AM
truc.karl is on a distinguished road

Replaced my license plate lights with Led bulbs and installed spacers for the rear.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?