General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 10:11 AM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Ridge;670664]85 S10 Blazer 4WD. Got snow tires mounted on it on Wednesday. My summer car in the background.

What size tires did you put on it?

Old 11-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Beginning Member
Ridge is on a distinguished road

P235/70R15 as recommended by TireRack.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:51 PM
Starting Member
Mark P is on a distinguished road
Default Replaced the radiator and made a video of it

1998 V6 Vortec, the plastic finally cracked so I Jb welded it for a few weeks till I had time to finally replace it. I was using this 3rd car while I was rebuilding the engine in my pickup.
Anyways oddly enough I didn't take any pics but I did manage to video the process so if anyone is interested they can see it on my YouTube video channel or go to this link below, hopefully somebody can get some good pointers off of it. and you can get a cheap one at rockauto.com for about $65 bucks, that's where I got mine.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:27 PM
Beginning Member

I'm doing the brakes on the truck today. Have been for the past 3 hours. The front passenger caliper bolts are rusted on there crazy hard! I've done the driver caliper and just punched myself in the face trying to get a spring on the rear passenger drums.

Old 11-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Beginning Member

Took about 6 hours over all, but I got the brakes done on all 4 corners. I still need to adjust the shoes a bit. I can feel the parking brake grabbing, but not enough to hold it on a hill.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:42 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

I had the joy of trying to get my back glass open.
None of the tips on here worked. I had to unbolt the handle. I was a PITA. So for now I can't secure my vehicle. But at least I was able to finally install the missing glass support. Any would-be thieves will appreciate it.
BTW, it's a 2002 blazer ls.

Old 11-27-2016, 07:55 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

Did rear backing plates and all new parking brake parts. Bought the ACDelco parking brake kit that included all new parts including parking shoes and new adjuster screws and rubber boots from Amazon. Didn't have time this weekend to finish but still have to get new rotors and pads. Will definitely relube caliper sliding pins. Luckily none were frozen up.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:49 PM
Starting Member
Default Popular size

Originally Posted by Ridge
P235/70R15 as recommended by TireRack.
I tried finding a set of those used and they are as rare as chicken teeth. I run those on my 78 T-Bird and 79 T-Camper. (T-Camper = a Thunderbird that still looks like a car but has been converted into a tow behind camper.)

I'll be looking for an affordable set for my son's 85 4x4 S10 Blazer fairly soon now that 'Old Blue' is finally alive again.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:57 PM
Starting Member
Default Sounds Familar

Originally Posted by Ridge
I'm doing the brakes on the truck today. Have been for the past 3 hours. The front passenger caliper bolts are rusted on there crazy hard! I've done the driver caliper and just punched myself in the face trying to get a spring on the rear passenger drums.
That's kind of how the brakes were on the 77 T-Bird I bought out of a farmer's field. When we got it going my younger brother took it for a test drive before I had my hand controls installed and he said, "You need to pull your hubcaps. There are some rocks in one of them."

I said, "Great, I've got brakes to do."

He was so sure it was only rocks that I made a bet with him. Naturally he lost and had to buy lunch.

Advice of the day - P.B. Blaster and a day to soak.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:02 PM
Starting Member
Default I was lucky

Originally Posted by GreenBlazer2002
I had the joy of trying to get my back glass open.
None of the tips on here worked. I had to unbolt the handle. I was a PITA. So for now I can't secure my vehicle. But at least I was able to finally install the missing glass support. Any would-be thieves will appreciate it.
BTW, it's a 2002 blazer ls.
We didn't have a key for the back glass/tailgate and I was afraid we were going to have to drill it out but when looking for the 'missing' U-joint half-moon metal piece and bolt I found a key in the floorboard under the edge of the floor mat.

After unlocking it I found the back glass wouldn't lift more than 3 or 4 inches. It turned out that the shock on the driver's side was frozen. After unhooking it the glass opens fine.

Just call me 'Lucky'

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?