General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Beginning Member
Turbo1 is on a distinguished road

Installed new bilstein shocks.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:25 PM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road
Default Calling All Experts

My son found this under the seat of his 85 S10 4x4 Blazer and I would like to know if anyone can tell me if it is a Thingamajig, Thingamabob, Whatchamacallit, or a Doohickey.

Seriously though, does anyone know what this part is called and what it does? I found the wire plug that fits it but of course I have no idea if the vacuum on it needs to be routed to a specific place.

I had someone else hook up the vacuum lines for me and I'm not too sure he knows his **** from a hole in the ground. Either that or he just didn't care. I've found (and fixed) Several vacuum leaks due to lines that weren't the right sizes. I even found one hose that was 'spliced' with some type bolt which was only holding the two lines together but not allowing it to have any vacuum running through it.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:28 PM
Starting Member

Oh yeah, I meant to ask if anyone has ever heard of being able to put a 351 into these S10s. A guy at a shop was telling my son that with a $100-$200 kit it would set right in and the wiring would all hook up. Of course he then asked if it was a 4x4 and when my son said 'Yes' he said 'Well that could be a problem. I know you can put just about any engine in any vehicle with the right amount of money and engineering but I wouldn't think it would be a simple transition from a 2.8 to a 351. Thoughts? Stories?

Old 08-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Beginning Member
Thnos is on a distinguished road

After almost 2 years with no check engine light I had a ABS light come on. I figured it was from the driver hub and after taking it apart and cleaning it was ended up being the passenger side hub I replaced a year ago. Local store had sensor for $50 but of course my wife just left to go to friends house and my back up was in the shop getting a transmission rebuild. So I got one (actually 2) off ebay for $20. Got it in yesterday and no more ABS light. Also did the ABS with brake light fix and all is good. Lets see how long this $10 sensor lasts.

Last edited by Thnos; 08-12-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:08 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road
Default Soldering ABS board

Watched the YouTube video on how to solder the abs board. Took mine out, followed the instructions, and it's been about 3 weeks with no abs/brake light.
Also bought a net that is made specifically for the little latches in the back. No more tool box shifting around.
But the coolest thing was hooking up the fm modulator so now I can listen to all my music apps through the head unit. Nice!!

Old 08-13-2017, 07:43 PM
ohyeahjay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GreenBlazer2002
Watched the YouTube video on how to solder the abs board. Took mine out, followed the instructions, and it's been about 3 weeks with no abs/brake light.
Also bought a net that is made specifically for the little latches in the back. No more tool box shifting around.
But the coolest thing was hooking up the fm modulator so now I can listen to all my music apps through the head unit. Nice!!
details/links on the net and FM modulator please

Old 08-18-2017, 06:02 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I am currently away from my house and therefore no shop and no tools. My 2000 GMC Jimmy had a thunk noise coming from the front end on sharp turn. Took it in to a local shop and the end link was not connected to the torsion bar on the drivers side. So 2 new end links and no more thunk. The shop took care of the end links while I waited. No more than an hour and half wait and I was back on the road.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:53 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Replaced my sun visor mirror for the 4th time, since my wife can't seem to flip it open without breaking it... I'm running out of spares...

Took some photos, thinking of whipping up a how-to while PB will still let my account link photos...

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 08-18-2017 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:12 PM
Starting Member

I take it no one knows what this thing is on an '85 S10 4x4 Blazer?

Old 08-18-2017, 09:42 PM
ChuckNTruck is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Brian K. Balzer
I take it no one knows what this thing is on an '85 S10 4x4 Blazer?
From what I can see, its the EGR vacuum solenoid.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?