General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 06:58 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lefet
Looks really great! Did you purchase it as a direct fit and if so, what other years would it fit. I like it. Gives you what you need but doesn't take away from the aesthetics of the vehicle. Kind of like a "sleeper"!
Bought from 4wdFactory.

https://www.4wdfactory.com/store/pro...nch-Mount.html

Direct fit bolt on for the most part. I had to drill two holes in the frame rails (one on each side) for some extra bolts to secure it a little better, and cut up the bumper a little as you can see to actually be able to get to the winch to flip the free-spool lever, and I also had to cut a little material to actually fit my Smittybilt XRC8 between the frame rails on the mount, but that's going to depend on the winch. The Smittybilt was just a hair to wide to fit without any modifications. But all in all not too bad. I like that it's a bolt on and can all be reverted back to stock if I ever chose to do so without cutting off any welds

Old 12-13-2017, 07:01 PM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

^^ SWEET!! Thanks!

Old 12-14-2017, 03:51 PM
Beginning Member
Poppy53 is on a distinguished road

Put these "purdy" blue things on today. My toes are cold & it's coffee time.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:59 PM

^

I need to replace mine... Noticed yesterday that the bushings on mine are cracked and splitting...

Not really "gotten done", but think I found a parts donor at work (junk yard) for a MAJOR future project

Old 12-14-2017, 06:08 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Poppy53
Put these "purdy" blue things on today. My toes are cold & it's coffee time.
Looks like you need a new front shock!

Old 12-14-2017, 06:13 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
^

I need to replace mine... Noticed yesterday that the bushings on mine are cracked and splitting...

Not really "gotten done", but think I found a parts donor at work (junk yard) for a MAJOR future project

Is... is this foreshadowing a SAS?

Old 12-14-2017, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by chevyriders
Is... is this foreshadowing a SAS?
maaaaaybe

Old 12-15-2017, 09:16 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I have done nothing, at all besides invert the sub in the box.

What I need to do is change the oil and get the tires rotated and repair the valve stems on the 2 passenger tires (I am sick of adding air to them)

Old 12-15-2017, 02:55 PM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

Went out and started he Blazer today looking to see what else may be wrong while I wait on a new engine...4-Hi button just flashes at me and I think the HVAC mode door actuator is shot...

So 4X4 not working and the vents just blow into my face..No shortage of things to fix in the meantime.

Also have a hub to replace on my G6, so I'll be keeping busy.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:03 PM

Tucked the winch up in between the frame rails finally, mounted solid to the truck and bracket. I love how this bracket keeps it all tucked in under the bumper There definitely won't be any quick thieving of this winch lol. I still need to fab up a bracket to go between the winch and oil filter...

My GOD that assembly is heavy... Had to hold it up and have the wife thread the bolts in. It's great that she's willing to help me work on it when I asking, she knows that once it's done we get to go wheeling, and she might even get to drive

So the hard part is DONE. Tomorrow I plan on getting it all wired up and bolting the brush guard back on as well.

Talk about a TIGHT fit... Where I clearance the bumper brackets, on the passenger side, there is MAYBE a single MM of wiggle room left.

The driver's side has all the room in the world

There's also plenty of room to reach the free spool lever, after clocking the gearbox end over a little.

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 12-15-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?