General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 08:05 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Installed new dash speaker grills.
The old ones crumbled to bits as I touched them.
My automatic headlights should work correctly now. 😁

Old 07-10-2018, 07:15 AM
Beginning Member
Strider is on a distinguished road

What's the connection between the speaker grills and the automatic headlights? I've sometimes wondered where the sensor(s) for the headlights is.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:12 AM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Strider
What's the connection between the speaker grills and the automatic headlights? I've sometimes wondered where the sensor(s) for the headlights is.
Sensor is the dark colored dome on the rt speaker grille

Old 07-16-2018, 08:17 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

I spend most of Sunday pulling my dash bezel off, roof console down, removing my old dash camera, removing my single din Pioneer radio, cleaning up a bunch of wiring in the dash via some tesa-tape that I half-assed in the past... Finally got around to installing what I set off to install, my new double din Android head unit It's a cheap unit, but the price was right and it doesn't everything I was looking for it to do. Has a built in dash camera, have it link to my home WiFi so it syncs music to my home server automatically, navigation, bluetooth, steering wheel controls interface, the works. So far I'm loving the radio. The only thing I'll probably replace this one for is a full-on car-PC system.

Only real thing I'm missing is a volume ****... I really like having a physical spinning volume ****... but I can deal with it...

Although it has sub pre-amp outputs, it doesn't have much for control on them, so I had to resort back to my old line-level controller mounted down in the ash tray. Works for me, I don't use the ash tray anyhow

Old 07-16-2018, 09:29 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Very nice setup! What style is that head until? I mean the make and model lol...

Old 07-16-2018, 10:03 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Very nice setup.
I used the ashtray to mount my fog light switch(s).

Old 07-16-2018, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
I spend most of Sunday pulling my dash bezel off, roof console down, removing my old dash camera, removing my single din Pioneer radio, cleaning up a bunch of wiring in the dash via some tesa-tape that I half-assed in the past... Finally got around to installing what I set off to install, my new double din Android head unit It's a cheap unit, but the price was right and it doesn't everything I was looking for it to do. Has a built in dash camera, have it link to my home WiFi so it syncs music to my home server automatically, navigation, bluetooth, steering wheel controls interface, the works. So far I'm loving the radio. The only thing I'll probably replace this one for is a full-on car-PC system.

Only real thing I'm missing is a volume ****... I really like having a physical spinning volume ****... but I can deal with it...

Although it has sub pre-amp outputs, it doesn't have much for control on them, so I had to resort back to my old line-level controller mounted down in the ash tray. Works for me, I don't use the ash tray anyhow

Damn that's nice.
Now you got me wanting to upgrade.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:38 AM
Starting Member
TonyZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

blazen.........so what's the difference from stock now with the poly SB bushings?

Old 07-17-2018, 12:38 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
Very nice setup! What style is that head until? I mean the make and model lol...

Pyle PLDNANDVR695

Not a big Pyle fan, but it works. Has a few quirks that probably is mostly due to the "cheap" manufacturing of it, but it will suffice for now to run Android on

Originally Posted by TonyZR2
blazen.........so what's the difference from stock now with the poly SB bushings?

Honestly, it seems to have helped with the higher speed stability some. Doesn't seem to drift left and right as much like it use to. The steering input feels a little more precise.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:24 PM

2 inch drop completed.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?