General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 10:15 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Trukntigger
Seeing your fixing leaks- talk me into fixing mine. Front seal leaks but not enough for me to go at it yet. I cant seem to work up the motivation to rip into it that hard yet.
My motivation was having to add oil to it between changes, and my friends at work giving me all kinds of hell about the oil slick in my parking lot

Old 03-16-2019, 10:35 PM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

I understand, friends teasing can be a great motivator. At almost 56 years old and semi retired (forced into disability/no work) funds, tools and help (there’s a lot I cant do anymore) limit my motivation. Got to have something major go requiring basically a motor pull then I’ll get it done overkill style- like just overhaul it or get a crate engine and go from that. At that point my son and his friends will step in and as long as I provide the parts, beer and pizza they will do the work. One of my son’s best friends is a mechanic and his garage is a dream, 3 bay heated 50x24 with all the toys, only lacking a lift due to low ceiling.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:43 PM
Beginning Member
Madson26 is on a distinguished road

I got most of the way through my smittybilt xrc9.5 install. It got dark on me and I was being considerate to my neighbors so I called it for the night. It's all wired and mounted. Tomorrow morning I'll spool up the synthetic rope and slap the grille and bumper back on and reconnect my lights.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:47 PM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

That is beefy looking! Really like it, so used to seeing just Warn. Very nice!

Old 03-16-2019, 11:33 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Trukntigger
That is beefy looking! Really like it, so used to seeing just Warn. Very nice!
Thank you sir! I would love to have a Warn, but I can replace this 3x. It's not a hardcore off road rig, so I went with the smittybilt. My milemarker se9500 lasted 16 years, so if I can get close to that again, I'm good. I am swapping out the steel cable for synthetic rope to save some weight. I have already done the hard work to make it fit between the frame horns for my MM winch. I am also using the factory bumper, so any winch with an integrated solenoid is a no go. A cheap piece of flat bar and a small hole in the grille allowed me to remote mount the solenoid and keep everything tucked in

Old 03-16-2019, 11:36 PM
Beginning Member

I had to clock the clutch side so I can access it from the bottom, but that was easy. Now nothing needs to come off in order to use it

Old 03-17-2019, 12:58 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Madson26

I got most of the way through my smittybilt xrc9.5 install. It got dark on me and I was being considerate to my neighbors so I called it for the night. It's all wired and mounted. Tomorrow morning I'll spool up the synthetic rope and slap the grille and bumper back on and reconnect my lights.
How are you going to access the controller port once the grille is back on???

Old 03-17-2019, 03:06 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Finnblaze

Got the blazer out from garage, drove some for testing the new tires, good traction not so good braking (ice under the snow almost everywhere).
Looks good! I like the fender flares. The ones for 4-doors were basically not available here in the states.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:20 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
How are you going to access the controller port once the grille is back on???

This is painted and tightened up. It's tight, but it is manageable. I had to cut a hole then Dremel the shape, fitit it, then paint it. I wandered around home depot and it caught my eye. It's a low voltage wire receptacle with little wings on the back that hold it tight to a hole cut in drywall. Less than $2, but I think it turned out ok. Plus, once the hood is closed, you can't see it.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:25 PM
Beginning Member

Here's where I started. Drilled a hole, and then worked it out with a Dremel until it fit the shape underneath. Flipped out the wings and tightened it up.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?