General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 10:12 AM
Starting Member
nomoresubies is on a distinguished road

My 2001 was running warm but I have dual electric fans and found out one of them was not working. I wound up putting a cooler temp sensor in there for them at 165 degrees and added some "Purple Ice". Also took out the thermostat. Running GREAT this past winter. Will know for sure this summer. Taking a trip soon to Utah for some wheeling and may get a water-bag just in case...

Old 04-12-2021, 01:13 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough
Default Engine Upgrades Complete

I finished by engine upgrades for my 89 S15 Jimmy I had installed a pair of NOS Edelbrock valve covers that I purchased some time ago and also a Tough Stuff Power steering pump. I had to modify my mounting brackets for my Sanden Air compressor to clear the valve cover. Upgrades: Edelbrock Intake, Camshaft, Sprockets, Roller Timing Chain, 94 rebuilt heads with 1.1 Ratio Rockers. ARP Hardware for Intake and exhaust manifolds. New Oil Pan. Replaced the original AC Comp mount that had a provision for an air pump with a bracket from the junkyard that just had the AC Bracket and Belt Tensioner. Changed the support rod for the bracket to one that mounted on the front of the engine block. All the Head bolts no longer have any studs. This also freed up a bolt hole for a ground stud by the water pump outlet so the outlet bolts are only for the water pump housing. The AC Bracket also Used one less mounting bolt on the right side of the block to used as the battery ground. During assembly I blasted and painted every thing.

Edelbrock Valve Covers and Tough Stuff Power Steering Pump. If you look close the water pump outlet no longer has a ground stud . The stud is next to the outlet. You can see the Support rod for the AC Bracket has been relocated to the front of the engine block. (Found the support rod in the junkyard) Notice the custom made fuel line from the TBI. I swaged and sliver brazed and custom bent the fuel lines to have room for the in line fuel gage.

Front Engine View.

Edelbrock Valve Cover & Sanden AC Comp & Relocated Engine Ground Stud.

Sanden AC Compo with modified brackets & rotated from vertical to clear valve cover.

Tough Stuff Power Steering Pump

Last edited by mr.vls; 04-12-2021 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-13-2021, 10:32 AM
Starting Member
BlazerDog97S10 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mr.vls
I finished by engine upgrades for my 89 S15 Jimmy I had installed a pair of NOS Edelbrock valve covers that I purchased some time ago and also a Tough Stuff Power steering pump. I had to modify my mounting brackets for my Sanden Air compressor to clear the valve cover. Upgrades: Edelbrock Intake, Camshaft, Sprockets, Roller Timing Chain, 94 rebuilt heads with 1.1 Ratio Rockers. ARP Hardware for Intake and exhaust manifolds. New Oil Pan. Replaced the original AC Comp mount that had a provision for an air pump with a bracket from the junkyard that just had the AC Bracket and Belt Tensioner. Changed the support rod for the bracket to one that mounted on the front of the engine block. All the Head bolts no longer have any studs. This also freed up a bolt hole for a ground stud by the water pump outlet so the outlet bolts are only for the water pump housing. The AC Bracket also Used one less mounting bolt on the right side of the block to used as the battery ground. During assembly I blasted and painted every thing.

Edelbrock Valve Covers and Tough Stuff Power Steering Pump. If you look close the water pump outlet no longer has a ground stud . The stud is next to the outlet. You can see the Support rod for the AC Bracket has been relocated to the front of the engine block. (Found the support rod in the junkyard) Notice the custom made fuel line from the TBI. I swaged and sliver brazed and custom bent the fuel lines to have room for the in line fuel gage.

Front Engine View.

Edelbrock Valve Cover & Sanden AC Comp & Relocated Engine Ground Stud.

Sanden AC Compo with modified brackets & rotated from vertical to clear valve cover.

Tough Stuff Power Steering Pump
VERY nice!

Old 04-13-2021, 09:01 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Thanks, I need to get this project back on track. It has been idle way too long.

Old 04-14-2021, 07:50 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Rear driver caliper on the jimmy. Leaked from the boot.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:08 PM
Starting Member

Slippery when wet...

Old 04-15-2021, 06:51 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nomoresubies
Slippery when wet...
guess the Jimmy's got something in common with the wife lol

Old 04-15-2021, 09:55 AM
Starting Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by donl
guess the jimmy's got something in common with the wife lol
lol!!!

Old 04-16-2021, 12:36 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by nomoresubies
lol!!!
hahaha xd

Old 04-16-2021, 12:46 AM
Starting Member
Exclamation

Put a CB and reverse camera in. Just waiting for my SWR meter and spring to put on it. Will play around with antenna placement. Have it mounted here for now.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?