General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 12:41 AM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mr.vls
My turn signals would quit working intermittently and work again. I replaced the flasher with no change. Fuse was good. I had previously replaced the switch about year ago from Advanced Auto parts. Advance has a lifetime warranty. I found an Advance Auto near me that had the switch on the shelf. Advance had no problem with warranting the switch. This is a $180.00 item. The switch is a bit of a pain to remove and install. I changed out the switch. All functions work as they should. Time will tell if the switch replacement corrected my problem.
i have a new one for my 1999 sitting on the shelf for... i dont want to think about how long, probably until i get pulled over for a tail light out.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:32 AM
Cast_outlaw is on a distinguished road

Well finishe my lift kit and truck is going to get new tie rods and an alignment on the 21st. Trans is still slipping so I bought a 2nd one a 4door for the trans also going to strip every useable part off it I can, to bad the glass won’t fit my 2door. Also measuring and planing my rock sliders and nerf bars and new front an rear bumpers. trying to figure out what front locker I want I got a G80 in the back already and while I got it out I’m going to put reduction gears in the t-case just on low range.

After Playing in some ruts 2 min from my house

Only had it a couple days

In pieces

In more pieces

Lift completed

Old 05-11-2021, 11:51 AM
Starting Member
nomoresubies is on a distinguished road

New wheels, tires, Rough Country upper a-arms. Extended roof rack with a temporary arrangement to hold fuel cans. Added fuel cans to the back. Front LED light bar with console switch. Temporary shelf in back and Lady Luck just for luck. 2001 ZR.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:58 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

The replacement is not that hard Two T25 Torx bolts hold the switch in the column One center bolt holds the connector block under the dash. The video below is a good tutorial for replacing the switch.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:30 AM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by nomoresubies
New wheels, tires, Rough Country upper a-arms. Extended roof rack with a temporary arrangement to hold fuel cans. Added fuel cans to the back. Front LED light bar with console switch. Temporary shelf in back and Lady Luck just for luck. 2001 ZR.

love the tire rack set up I’m still trying to find one for my 4dr

Old 05-14-2021, 10:34 AM

So this wasn’t just 1 day but 3 with breaks for kids and running for parts. Replaced all my body mounts they were a mess

then I tackled my idler arm and pitman arm both were shot but the idler arm was the worst then I swapped out my starter I’ve had sitting for months and did an oil change and lastly painted all the primer from doing the rocker panel

then just for added loudness put an air horn in

Old 05-14-2021, 12:13 PM
Starting Member
BlazerDog97S10 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Originally Posted by nomoresubies

Freakin' awesome Blazer. Well done!

Old 05-14-2021, 01:00 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hadyss
love the tire rack set up I’m still trying to find one for my 4dr
There's one for 100 on kijiji near me, I'm not sure if it has the latch for the rear door tho, not in the pics

Old 05-17-2021, 11:56 PM

So it was paint day I use a rubberized rocker guard on my truck every year helps with the rust and today was the perfect temps got a nice texture and think coats on it this time

Old 05-24-2021, 05:44 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Had a crap day... started good.... then went downhill after golf lol...

Long story short. Bad ignition cylinder........ and im here for now...

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?