General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 04:46 AM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road

I hear you. I had one go bad on me a few years back. Caused all kinds of problems. Was a little bit of a bear to change as I remember

Good luck
DonA

Old 05-27-2021, 09:12 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough
Default Replaced Air Bag Sensors. (2000 GMC Jimmy 4WD/Auto)

I have been getting intermittent SRS Light on the dash for a while. I suspected the R/L Sensors but they are obsolete from GM. I went to a local junk yard and pulled both sensors from a Bravada. (Drilling out the rivets was a real pain in A&& on the Bravada and on my Jimmy). Junk yard charges $2:00 entry fee and I paid $6:00 each for the sensors. I removed the passenger side sensor first and drilled out the rivet holes to install 1/4-20 Rivnuts. I installed the passenger sensor using 1/4-20 X 0.75 stainless steel truss head screws. Once installed and connected, I went for a test drive and the dash light was on intermittently. Repeated the same steps on the drivers side and currently the dash light is extinguished. I hope the SRS dash light stays off.

Access to the sensors only required the removal of the plastic cover for the oil filter.

Old 06-03-2021, 01:03 PM
Beginning Member
Thnos is on a distinguished road
Default Swing Out Spare Tire Rack Finally Mounted

I've had this in my garage for a few weeks now. Picked it up at the local parts yard for $50. Would have been less but I didn't bring the most basic of tools, a hammer, to break off the wheel lock. Took just a few seconds when I got home. Anyway My son and I cleaned it up primer/pained and mounted it up with few problems. Totally didn't think to grab a few lug nuts so I ended up buying a few. Still less than $100 and about 4 hours of time.

Next I think I'll pick up some Pacer Performance Flexy Flares or a grill guard if I can come across one

Old 06-03-2021, 07:50 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Looks good!!

Old 06-04-2021, 06:36 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default Air Filter Box

Today's project was to install a new distributor cap and rotor (ACDelco of course) which went well, then onto the new K&N air filter, this is where I ran into a snag, I unscrewed the screws that hold the lid onto the air box and found that the pressed in nuts dropped out of their locations, when I looked closely I noticed that the square nuts had a lip on the end (a built in washer of sorts) that was to keep the square nut (in the pictures) from pulling all the way through the square hole in the mounting tab. Mine have broken off and now slides all the way through and won't tighten the air box lid. Has anyone had this happen and if so how were you able to fix it? Thanks for any words of wisdom.

Old 06-12-2021, 12:09 AM
Starting Member
BlazerDog97S10 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Got the Blazer loaded down with all my stuff and moving to West Virginia from Oregon because Oregon sucks. Specifically Portland. I by no means am a Portlander or want to be associated with those lunatics whatsoever. Politics aside...was going through the mountains in Idaho and figured I'd snap a pic. Currently near Salmon visiting grandparents.

Old 06-12-2021, 12:17 AM
Starting Member
BlazerDog97S10 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazer_4x4
Today's project was to install a new distributor cap and rotor (ACDelco of course) which went well, then onto the new K&N air filter, this is where I ran into a snag, I unscrewed the screws that hold the lid onto the air box and found that the pressed in nuts dropped out of their locations, when I looked closely I noticed that the square nuts had a lip on the end (a built in washer of sorts) that was to keep the square nut (in the pictures) from pulling all the way through the square hole in the mounting tab. Mine have broken off and now slides all the way through and won't tighten the air box lid. Has anyone had this happen and if so how were you able to fix it? Thanks for any words of wisdom.

One of mine did that once. I just used some epoxy and set it back in place and it has been fine. That was for when one fell out though and not missing the lip. Since the lip is missing on yours and it just goes straight through I'd say get a new nut for it or use epoxy and then have a set screw go into the side of it or something.

Last edited by BlazerDog97S10; 06-12-2021 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-12-2021, 01:17 AM
Starting Member
Blazer_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Hmm, a set screw through the side of the tab to lock the lug in position, that's freakin' genius! Thank you, I'll mix two part epoxy and lock it in with a set screw

Old 07-06-2021, 09:17 PM
BF Veteran

Front shocks today and oil change yesterday

Wrong ones needed to go

Old 07-13-2021, 04:48 PM
BF Veteran

Got these custom made for the rear axle. Stock size but 1" longer.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?