General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 10:15 PM
Starting Member
nomoresubies is on a distinguished road

Good idea using gussets. Thanks for the photo...

Old 02-06-2022, 09:59 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

No problem. Yeah, they take a beating, so I figured the gussets wouldn't hurt.

Old 02-06-2022, 06:50 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough
Default Reassembly has begun.

I have had the front clip off the engine out for the past year while I sanded and painted the firewall, blasted, body filled, sanded and painted the hood. I replaced the front E Brake cable, installed a new brake booster (Painted Black), installed the Master Cylinder and brake lines. (I blasted the master cylinder and brake lines than clear coated the assembly). Re-installed the steering column. The work continues. The plan is to finish the firewall and wipers and the grill trough. Once that is complete I am going to attempt installing the Engine and Transmission as an assembly since there is no front clip installed.

Old 02-06-2022, 06:51 PM
BF Veteran

Sounds cool. Do you have any pictures of it?

Old 02-11-2022, 08:27 PM
Fozzy is on a distinguished road

So, I had the engine rebuilt a while back in OKC, The truck was then used by my almost son in law for a few months and then sat at their house in OKC. I went up to get it because it was just sitting. I got it home and started tinkering and checking things out. I checked the oil level and it was pretty low and looked pretty worn. I went to add some... and noticed that there was no oil filler where there was one before. To add the oil I had to remove the air pipe from the oil filter and a good funnel to get the oil into the left side of the engine. So I was stumped. but apparently, the rebuilder put the valve covers on the wrong sides.. Today I got the blazer out of the shop for a new ignition and a warranty job on the fuel sender. I got it home and did the swap and installed the oil filler tube on the correct side. It wasn't too nightmarish but tricky to get the covers out of their buried locations. After that I did a fresh oil change because I just dont trust the place that the almost son in law took the blazer for the oil change after the rebuild. I don't think they did it! I felt overall that it was an accomplishment

Old 02-16-2022, 05:01 AM
Starting Member
BlazerDog97S10 is on a distinguished road

Found a rodent nest in my air filter box and the POS tore up my air filter...so after making a water rodent trap, I made a grate to cover the opening. May be overkill but I don't care. No rodent in my air box again.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:22 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by BlazerDog97S10
Found a rodent nest in my air filter box and the POS tore up my air filter...so after making a water rodent trap, I made a grate to cover the opening. May be overkill but I don't care. No rodent in my air box again.

Hopefully that helps. Those little buggers can get through some really small holes. We get a TON of that where I work. It seems like we're repairing rodent damage at least once a week.

Old 02-16-2022, 02:27 PM
Starting Member
BlazerDog97S10 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tom A
Hopefully that helps. Those little buggers can get through some really small holes. We get a TON of that where I work. It seems like we're repairing rodent damage at least once a week.
It's sure better than nothing. I reckon I'll see in a week or so when I drive him again.

Old 02-20-2022, 04:40 PM
Default Repaired my drivers side Kick Panel

I was putting my interior panels back in and I realized that the drivers side kick panel screw holes were stripped out. The kick panels use threaded fasteners and t was able to determine that the thread size was 8-32. I drilled out the kick panel holes to accept 8-32 rivnuts. This worked out perfectly. This is on my 89 S15 Jimmy.

Old 02-20-2022, 05:00 PM
Default Installed Rivnuts for the Door Sill Plate

Not all the screws for my sill plates were securing the sill plate due to the screw holes being stripped out. I decided to remedy the situation by drilling all the screw holes to accept a 8-32 Rivnut. I installed button head stainless screws to secure the sill plates. This is on my 89 S15 Jimmy,

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?