General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 02:55 PM
Vidahlia is on a distinguished road

Just picked up a 4d '96 Blazer LS, 4x4 on Friday to be my new winter daily driver. Previous owner gave up on it. It would crank but not start, so with some troubleshooting by my great husband, it now has a new fuel pump, tank vent, and relay. And it now starts and stays running. He also managed to break five wheel studs on the rear wheels, and is now working on un-rusting the rear brake drums in order to put on new wheel studs and unload it off the trailer. Thank goodness he loves me!

Old 11-03-2022, 06:28 PM
Starting Member
BlazerDog97S10 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Vidahlia
Just picked up a 4d '96 Blazer LS, 4x4 on Friday to be my new winter daily driver. Previous owner gave up on it. It would crank but not start, so with some troubleshooting by my great husband, it now has a new fuel pump, tank vent, and relay. And it now starts and stays running. He also managed to break five wheel studs on the rear wheels, and is now working on un-rusting the rear brake drums in order to put on new wheel studs and unload it off the trailer. Thank goodness he loves me!
Excellent. Always good to get things running. Hopefully you'll get a lot of use out of it.

Old 11-03-2022, 06:31 PM
Starting Member

Bought new flywheel, friction and pressure plate, rear main seal for motor, new seals for transmission and transfer case, fluids, and so on to do the clutch in my '97 Blazer. Gotta do it before weather gets too bad since only space I have is outside and don't want to work when temps start to drop. Plus I need to drive to Idaho again for Thanksgiving and want my boy to be in TOP shape.

Old 11-05-2022, 06:22 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Found an old defogger repair kit and tried using it to make the electrical connection between the metal tab attached to the defogger traces and the metal of the traces themselves. This was disappointing as I got the replacement rear liftgate window expressly to have a window with all the defogger traces working. Turns out the PO had tried to reattach the electrical tab with some kit epoxy but it didn't work.

Old 11-05-2022, 10:30 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Weather and hunting have gotten in the way of completing the work I started a few weeks ago and things don't look too good for the next few weeks. Heading up to set up camp and then hunt next week and the following week, my wife is having her left knee replaced on the last day of my hunting season, then four days later she has a buck tag and I have an elk tag. Thankfully, one of her brothers is coming up the day before her surgery so I'll be able to hunt. Her tag is for private land only where we live, so I told her I would duct tape her to the railing on the back porch.

I just need a day or two of warmish weather to complete the work and then get an alignment. I'd use the garage but my wife has turned it into a storage unit. Planned on getting it cleared out this summer but life got in the as usual. Still need to cut down a few trees for firewood in a couple of years. Have plenty for this year and plenty for next year once I get it cut down to size and split.

I guess this post is more about why I haven't gotten anything done to my Blazer in the past week or two.

Old 11-05-2022, 10:38 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by christine_208
Found an old defogger repair kit and tried using it to make the electrical connection between the metal tab attached to the defogger traces and the metal of the traces themselves. This was disappointing as I got the replacement rear liftgate window expressly to have a window with all the defogger traces working. Turns out the PO had tried to reattach the electrical tab with some kit epoxy but it didn't work.
That sucks, sorry to hear that. I don't even know if mine works, I've never had to use it really.

Old 11-05-2022, 10:41 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by AJBert
Weather and hunting have gotten in the way of completing the work I started a few weeks ago and things don't look too good for the next few weeks. Heading up to set up camp and then hunt next week and the following week, my wife is having her left knee replaced on the last day of my hunting season, then four days later she has a buck tag and I have an elk tag. Thankfully, one of her brothers is coming up the day before her surgery so I'll be able to hunt. Her tag is for private land only where we live, so I told her I would duct tape her to the railing on the back porch.

I just need a day or two of warmish weather to complete the work and then get an alignment. I'd use the garage but my wife has turned it into a storage unit. Planned on getting it cleared out this summer but life got in the as usual. Still need to cut down a few trees for firewood in a couple of years. Have plenty for this year and plenty for next year once I get it cut down to size and split.

I guess this post is more about why I haven't gotten anything done to my Blazer in the past week or two.
Hope your wife's knee replacement goes well. Sucks things get in the way of getting vehicle work done. I wanted to get my Blazer's transmission and transfer case back in, but Amazon and UPS screwed up an order and I didn't get my things today so now I have to wait until next Wednesday!?!?!?! Hopefully sooner but COME ON! I believe things happen for a reason, so it's okay. I work from home so luckily I don't need my boy any time soon. Driving to Idaho for Thanksgiving so want it done before then though.

Old 11-06-2022, 11:10 AM
Mods is on a distinguished road

ordered a NOS Jack tools cover with cargo privacy cover that was for a 2 door by mistake, going to use the handle and latches to repair my OG cover.

Old 11-06-2022, 12:26 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by BlazerDog97S10
That sucks, sorry to hear that. I don't even know if mine works, I've never had to use it really.
Thanks. I expect to be able to do a test soon due to forecasted lows around freezing and a chance of rain/snow mix.

Old 11-06-2022, 12:27 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by AJBert

I have not even begun to think about deer hunting yet with other things on my to-do list, But at least the Blazer is ready to go! Hope your wife's surgery goes well and you get back out there!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?