General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Put $75 worth of 87 octane gasoline into the K5 today!

Old 05-17-2010, 08:58 PM
DoubleSh0t is on a distinguished road

Washed and waxed yesterday. WOW what a difference. Paint never shined unless it was wet, now it shines all the time. Minus some of the scratches, it's a beautiful looking truck now.

I also wired up a 2.2k ohm resistor to disable the automatic headlights. Finally no more headlights when the sun goes behind the clouds.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah... I did a quick wash job on my Rainier down at the FD before training tonight.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:54 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BlaziNator
Your truck really needs a row of red LED's set to wig-wag across the front:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo8Qls0HnWo
Perhaps But what I love about it being all blacked out is when its parked in a dark parking lot at night it just looks like a shadow.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:57 AM
nit8690 is on a distinguished road

It was not today but the last week I have done a few things to my 96 blazer. new brake pads had to replce a seized driver side caliper bleeded the breaks and replaced a leaking brake booster YAY I can accually stop now haha. I also pulled some tow hooks off of a half ton chevy pick up was gonna put them on a dodge truck I was suppose to get but that aint happening now. well the tow hooks will bolt onto my blazer but I run into a minor problem...1st is that the hooks are not threaded like the blazers are so I need to use the bolts and the brakets to bolt it problem number 2 need a spacer of each tow hook so they are far enough from the bottom of the bumper. 3rd I need to drill out the holes on the frame so that i can put the bolts through. but the tow hooks are alot heavier duty and will look more aggressive and they wont stick out as far which i like

pic of the new caliper its shiney YAY

Last edited by nit8690; 05-18-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: got bored so I started figuring
Old 05-19-2010, 06:06 PM
nit8690 is on a distinguished road

I got the tow hooks I wanted on. they came off of a 97 3500 duramax.They look nice and agressive, I just need to get some spacers and move them up some more so a chain will go around them better.

Old tow hooks they look so wimpy

New hook big hook compaired to the old small hook

Blazer with the new hooks on

Alot bigger dont stick out quite as far I will be damned if these break haha...just might have to get a tow strap cause even after I adjust them higher it might still be kinda hard to get a chain on them

Yay finally did a modifaction do my Blazer it feels good. I hate having stock looking stuff...my stuff has to be unquie

Old 05-19-2010, 06:31 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

ok, its been awhile...been monkeying around with other project car...

here we go..

only one on drivers side right now...forgot gas tank rode so close to frame.
i modified the mounts to go directly on frame..that hardware that came with it looked like crap....soooo a couple pairs of holes and some grade 8's later and on they go.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:27 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Gave the guy going to get my 358 gas money so he can get it this weekend. So hopefully when I come back from Winston-Salem, Ill have an engine to put together then put in the Blazer... well ill probably have my dad do it since its at his house and I can only come down on the weekends. It'll be quicker that way.

Oh did the passenger side brakes on the Burban and the back of the Rotor was gone... he had ground it down to the ridges in the middle... so glad that was done before the road trip. I would show y'all pics but I didn't take any.

That's it for now. Hopefully the next post I make will have pictures of my Bumblebee Engine (since its yellow) lol. Or maybe Rumblebee... no wait the Dodge trucks are called that... I don't know ill think of something.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:09 AM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Dodge is Superbee, so use Rumblebee I think it's pretty cool.

Oh and I trimmed my valence today. Touching it up tomorrow.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CNYCountryKidd
Dodge is Superbee, so use Rumblebee I think it's pretty cool.

Oh and I trimmed my valence today. Touching it up tomorrow.
The Muscle Cars are Superbee, but they recently came out with a Bright Yellow Ram with the R/T stripe on the bed with a Bee and called it Rumblebee... I think I might still use it. Make all the actual Rumblebee owners jealous. Lol

I got all excited when I read that too... til I looked it up. Oh well, if nothing better comes to mind I'm totally using it.

Anyway, starting our 5 hour road trip soon... hubby is doing the guy thing and laying out everything he's taking... and 12 AA batteries are in the pile... not sure why. Lol

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?