General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, now that you mention it, I may just go with amber LED's in all 4 of the 3157 (2 per side) locations. The turnback's wouldn't do anything in the DRL position because that is the inside most bulb and only uses one filament.

*EDIT* Well crap... The SuperbrightLED.com 18 led tower style 3157 replacement states not to use in GM DRL...

Old 11-19-2010, 08:22 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Well there ya go. Will look good with the silverstars for sure!

Old 11-19-2010, 10:44 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Kyle... are DRL's required in your state? If not I suggest turning your DRL's into signals...

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/show...king+light+mod

Old 11-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I probably wouldn't get hassled if I were to get rid of them.

One thing that I'd really like to do is convert the whole front end over to the Silverado front end! (waits for dad to get rear ended with his '04 2500HD so I can take the front end and LQ4)

Old 11-19-2010, 10:58 AM

Haha I personally like the front ends but it depends on the silvy donor. 2004-2007 Might as well start tearing it apart now lol

It would be alot of work tho! basically the whole front clip needs to be changed.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Administrator

I think it's just fenders, hood, and then the grill stuff. I think the core supports are the same. Not that it would be too much more work to swap that over! LOL

But yeah, it's an '04 2500HD as I said. I'll have to get a picture of the two of them side by side.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:40 PM

Yea true! Worse comes to worse go grab a 02 diesel hood. I like the higher rise on it!

Old 11-19-2010, 03:01 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

this

plus this

equals new ball joints and hubs. what a pita.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Posted a new build thread with pictures of the new turn signal lenses.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:26 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

took the jimmy for an E-Test - FAILURE for too high HC ppm, CO%, and NO ppm... pretty sure i'm just gonna say fukkit and sell this thing before it chews into my pocket book too much further.

edit: gonna check into the pricing on a new cat for it since that seems to be the commonality in all of the failures for it and my mech buddy said that is a for sure replace on the list to pass

Last edited by UberFail; 11-19-2010 at 04:53 PM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?