General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 11:05 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Got a free replacement battery as mine was still on warranty, only 10 months old and is shot........didnt even make it past the first part of the load test.
Removed & replaced in can tire parking lot in -30 windchill, you know your canadian WHEN!

Old 02-19-2011, 06:48 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

^^^ THAT kind of work sucks. i hate having to do car work in retardedly cold weather.

btw scottsdale - spray bombing inside and outside are totally different, btw i've seen people who've spray bombed cars and its turned out not bad. granted its no where as good as proper paint job tho. they just needed to sand properly and add a clear after to get it to a decent quality.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Starting Member
ScottsdaleK5 is on a distinguished road

Well on the inside I'm probably gonna bedline the floor and I'll paint the plastic. But both my cousin and uncle paint cars and they can probably cut me a deal, so I dont wanna spray the outside but I'm sure parts of the inside will be sprayed!

Old 02-19-2011, 10:22 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

my 2 year old rad started leaking again!!! was laying under it in at least 6 inches of snow looking for the leak. these rads are JUNK! first they have the bright idea of putting plastic on a hot pressurized system, then they decide to crimp the ends and use crappy gaskets, chalk up another one for GM

Old 02-19-2011, 10:27 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by UberFail
black with hugger orange.... that'd be nice!
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleK5
I bet you would see too many if any like it!
i know where there's gonna be a JImmy in that theme soon.

Originally Posted by ScottsdaleK5
I have a buddy who has rattlecanned his pickup a few times...and its not pretty haha!
amen to that brother!

rattlecan falls into the same catagory as using a roller on your ride.

it just ain't right.

Originally Posted by streblo
Got a free replacement battery as mine was still on warranty, only 10 months old and is shot........didnt even make it past the first part of the load test.
Removed & replaced in can tire parking lot in -30 windchill, you know your canadian WHEN!
you actually have happy thoughts about bringing the Winter tires out of storage!

Old 02-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Picked up a set of seats from a '87 K5 for $20 today! One of the front seats is pretty rough on the lower seat cushion and someone had attempted to dye the rear seat black, but everything is there. For $20, I couldn't pass it up. The guy I bought them from is also giving me the fuel tank out of the truck which is mint.

He is interested in the rear side doors from my parts 'burb for his K30 3+3 dually.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Beginning Member
mpena85 is on a distinguished road

Just Replaced my "PITA" hub barring. Wasn't to bad just noisy going down the road. Pictures on the way for the 3in suspension and 3in body lifts.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Starting Member
ScottsdaleK5 is on a distinguished road

Disappointed. Went to start sanding my dash only to notice that the fiberglass didnt stick there was only a couple spots it stuck the rest did not...now I'm back to where I started. Any suggestions you guys/girls have to fix my old dash or some how cover the metal that is under the dash pad in the truck to make it look nice?

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-dash-4-.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-dash-5-.jpg  
Old 02-19-2011, 07:41 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

took off my roof rack. Looks much better imo.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Beginning Member
das96blazer is on a distinguished road

96 blazer...today I replaced thermostat & ect sensor. Heat is great now.
Visited the junk yard looking for stereo as cd player doesnt work and ended up picking up the following....
oil filler tube & cap (mine was kinda loose fitting)
blk vortex throttle body cover (mine was missing the front metal hold down clip)
entire air intake hoses (maf sensor was still attached and it also had one of those tornado things in the air intake...dont know if I should leave it in and try it out or remove it??
complete air filter box (old one had cracks in it)
complete heater/ac dash control switch with all the ***** (fan/blower control dial split and fell back into the dash)
gas cap as a spare (left one too many at the gas station after fill up)
All for 20 bucks !! Bummer, no stereo though,will have to try another yard.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?