General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

i did the plugs, wires, pcv, fuel filter and swapped out to PIAA wiper blades and treated the windshield accordingly. also added HID high beams to complete the HID package up front.

Holy F that middle plug on the drivers side was a PAIN to get tight! out was easy, i just slid a socket on it awkwardly and used a wrench to turn the socket... no prob. getting the new one in was fun, i had one hand over and one hand under the steering shaft and turned it like that. ALL my plugs looked pretty burned out. wires didnt look bad, but hey. better safe than sorry.

truck started up nice and on the first try, mind you it always did... i was just getting HORRIBLE mileage and it didnt get much kick.

now she gets more power at the bottom end, and ill have to wait and see about mileage. but with a new air filter yesterday (a k&n one too) and plugs, wires, pcv and fuel filter today it should get better mileage now... if not im gonna get mad at this truck! haha

Old 03-12-2011, 04:33 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i drove to Michigan State which was 94 miles, took just over a quarter tank according to my gauge. i'll fill up tomorrow night and find out how much

Old 03-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Fixed the plastic arm that opens the back window finally...

Beat my dented bumper into submission and put it back on..

Finally my truck doesn't look like someone ripped off its bottom jaw.

New sig pic to come

Last edited by Brian_D; 03-13-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:04 AM
Verno will become famous soon enough

Changing oil & filter later today.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:44 AM
Starting Member
InsanePyro is on a distinguished road

Put some decent miles on helping a friend move. Tranny fluid is leaking again

In return she put this sticker on my rear passenger side door window...

Old 03-13-2011, 08:11 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Pulled my dash cluster and replaced the fuel and oil pressure gauges. I just recently replaced the fuel sending unit in the tank. It is so nice having a gas gauge that reads correctly. My gas gauge has been reading all over the place for the last 3 or 4 years. Sometimes E was at the 1/4 mark other times it read ok. Full reading was way past the full mark. This was the last repair of my long term annoyances. Everything is running great. Next up is pulling the rear bumper and taking car of the rust on the rear frame cross member.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:48 AM
cage47 is on a distinguished road

Found out what was causing my intermittent hesiation issues. not fuel, not air, not spark. The damnable alternator was locking up. Got to the point the bearing was whining. When I took it out you couldn't even turn it by hand. That and replaced the broken door handle and lock from whenthe truck was broken into. And unjammed my electric lock. All in all a good day.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Pulled truck out of shop with zero repairs. Talk of less OT at work so she is going to sit in the yard. She still runs and everything, but very temperamental.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Beginning Member
99blazer4.3/4x4 is on a distinguished road

did the whole napa locking cable deal to get my four wheel drive to work instead of buying the vacuum switch thing that will probably fail again. I am not impressed with the cable if there are any turns it binds which is beyond pissing me off but .......I DID GET TO DRIVE MY TRUCK IN 4WD FOR THE FIRST TIME In the 9 months I've owned it! which made it feel like a completely different vehicle, with these mickey thompsons it felt unstoppable in the mud I found myself so excited I was just looking for obstacles to try off the side of the road..haha I may have pissed off some landscapers but at least i didn't see any blue lights I'll post pics if u want of the setup

Old 03-13-2011, 01:35 PM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 99blazer4.3/4x4
did the whole napa locking cable deal to get my four wheel drive to work instead of buying the vacuum switch thing that will probably fail again. I am not impressed with the cable if there are any turns it binds which is beyond pissing me off but .......I DID GET TO DRIVE MY TRUCK IN 4WD FOR THE FIRST TIME In the 9 months I've owned it! which made it feel like a completely different vehicle, with these mickey thompsons it felt unstoppable in the mud I found myself so excited I was just looking for obstacles to try off the side of the road..haha I may have pissed off some landscapers but at least i didn't see any blue lights I'll post pics if u want of the setup
It's nice to see someone else with Mickey Thompsons. lol

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?