General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by racsan
dad already had them, not sure where he picked them up. had a doorman name on the blister pkg they were in. i imagine they came from a local auto supply like napa, autozone or advance auto. we do also have a o'rielys here, but id say he either got them at napa or autozone. on edit: was looking something else up and looked the pins up also, heres the page link from autozone:
Motormite/Door Hinge Parts (38419) | 1997 Chevrolet Blazer 4WD 6 Cylinders W 4.3L SFI | AutoZone.com

Thanks so much! There's an AutoZone nearby too. Will pick them up tomorrow.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:37 PM
6Cyl'erThriller is on a distinguished road

Went and picked this up yesterday.

Then I tore out the old one today.

Tomorrow Ill install the functioning Transfer Case and if I have time Im going to start to tear down the old one to find out what was wrong with It. Ive always been curious how they work too so Ill make a little "Transfer Case Talk" topic and take some pics.
I looked everywhere in the forum for answers about the problem I was having. I didnt find many answers, so Maybe Ill be able to help someone else in the future.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

Got my blazer back from the mechanic up and running great. Fixed my sound system. Cleaned the inside. Looks great now. Next ill be installing my epicenter and crossover for the door speakers and install the lights on top.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:54 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Well I thought about it alot, does that count?

Old 11-28-2011, 12:04 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
Well I thought about it alot, does that count?

I think it counts

Old 11-28-2011, 12:24 AM
May One is on a distinguished road

Well I finally got my sway arm linkages and bushings replaced. I succeeded in smashing my finger, and I learned that the link on the drivers side wasnt linked, it sheered off at the top. I had to use a grinder to get them off from both sides because they were stock. Then since I had time I changed oil, rotated the tires, and checked for a loose muffler. I thought it was a pretty productive Saturday. All I need are shocks (front for sure) and an alignment and The Wild Thing will be ready for winter. Then today filled it up ($38) and had it washed then drove home from my Dad's. Tomarrow back to driving 80-125 miles a day for work...

Last edited by May One; 11-28-2011 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Forgot some things.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:35 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

today after work i went to advance to pick up my starter and my moms alternator for the yukon

I replaced the alternator when i got home but couldn't get to the starter since it got dark

I prob wont get to it till this weekend
I also stopped by the dealer to see if my window hinge came in and it didnt .... it was suppose to be here Friday..

Old 11-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Installed my Pojectors and HID's, they look great. Didn't do the turn signal/markers yet cause i ran out of time. Snapped my hood latch cable too so I ordered a new one.

I'll post pics in my build thread as soon as it's dark enough to take some.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:33 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

heard there might be some snow on its way so ive got the front axle locked in. my vac switch on the transfer case is messed up and i get full vacuum all the time no matter what mode the transfer case is in. so i bypassed the switch and put a valve in so that during the 9 months i dont need 4wd, i can get a little better milage not turning the ring gear & front driveshaft. only downside is that the valve is under the hood, but its on now and probly will stay that way now until march. when i checked the front axle level a few days ago, the front took 1/2 qt to top off, guess it was lower than i thought, and it doesnt hold much more than 2 qts. i know ive got a slight leak at the passenger side axleshaft, did the drivers side seal back last fall. i'll just keep a eye on the oil level and fix it right in the spring. i hate not having a inside area to work on stuff. locked the manual hubs on the ranger as well. (and its got a leaking pinion seal on its front diff!)

Old 11-29-2011, 06:36 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Checked the status of my Rockauto order today. Looks like my plugs and cap/rotor will be here tomorrow, so hopefully that fixes my problem! The CEL has been on/off a couple times in the past few days so I'm really confused.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?