General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 05:52 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

lol ouch

when ever ya ready send me a pic in PM id hate to thread jack even more =P

Old 01-05-2012, 06:15 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

stopped after work to check out a co-workers trailblazer, she said the other day the front end was "jumping" found ou it was after the snow we had, during the snow she had switched it from "4x4 auto" to 4x4H" she was at a local bussiness where all the snow was cleared off when she was making a tight turn. didnt hurt anything, just the normal driveline bind you get with a 4x4 in 4wd on dry, clean pavement. i showed her mine would do the same thing. she thought it was her tie rods doing something. (the outers are real bad, but not the issue here) gotta love the easy fixes, even if they dont translate into cash recieved. sunday i'll probly get the tie-rod job done, $50 a side for parts, not sure what i'll charge her for it. found that issue when i did the brakes on that vehicle in the fall, it also had a water pump going bad, wasnt leaking coolant yet, but had enough slop that the fan was banging off the fan shroud. getting that fan clutch loose was the worst part of the job, closely followed by the shroud assy & the electrical wires going to the fan clutch, never seen that before.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

Drove it around town for a while happy to know she's running smooth, so that's nice. I'm going to check the brakes though, hopefully tomorrow i noticed it sort of felt spongy when i pressed the brake, i had replaced the front with rotors about 3 1/2 months ago, i'm thinking is the rear brakes. At that time i didn't had enought money for the back but they were still good. Finally I cleaned the inside and i put in air freshners so im staying fresh lol.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Starting Member
Tinted is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby
Looks good! More aggressive! Like the old school wheels. Do your tires rub at all?
i have shackles and tbar crank, eventhough i cant go all the way up on the tbar since one of them is worn out. I dont have rub on the fender or the bumper but i do get some rub on the sway bar at full turn.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Tinted
i have shackles and tbar crank, eventhough i cant go all the way up on the tbar since one of them is worn out. I dont have rub on the fender or the bumper but i do get some rub on the sway bar at full turn.

swaybar rub is normal youll get the hang of it

I did

My swaybar is very shinny tho

Old 01-06-2012, 03:01 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Drove with the sunroof open because it's so darn nice out today!

Plus, used the Blazer to pull out our forklift after it got stuck in some mucky gravel/water crap our parking lot is full of. I could have probably even done it without 4WD!

Now since I got it filthy and it's my weekend... I'm headed to the carwash.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Well... the time has come... for the....

TRANSFORMATION!

lol, I'm just kidding around. My body lift will be put on by next weekend and pics are to come after it's on. Can't wait! Also, still looking for some tires for my 17 inch maro wheels. Also, Gio I will post that pic of the brackets soon lol.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:55 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Last couple days I've been getting things together for the steering stabilizer install. What a PITA that the Rancho 5401 doesn't quite fit. It's 1 1/2" too long & the U-bolts would be around where the idler arm attaches to the center link. Soooo I made my own bracket to mount it. 1/4" x 3" stainless steel angle iron, cut it to 5 1/2", took it, all the hardware & the 1 1/8" x 5/16" U-bolts to the shop to toss it on the hoist.
After locating where we wanted the bracket & how the open end of the stabilizer would be around the idler bolt etc we marked & drilled the holes.
Ok TRIED to drill the holes. It seems they're not used to working with 1/4" 304 SS so we got them started & today I trimmed for clearence issues & drilled the holes. Added some 1/4" reinforcing stainless on the back & around it & took it to the power buffer to clean it up.
Now all that's left is to install it Saturday I hope.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-100_2632-rs.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-100_2639-rs.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-100_2640-rs.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-dscf0305-rs.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-dscf0304-rs.jpg  

Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

fueled it up. (17 mpg, not bad for being winter and my front axle engaged full-time), and gave it a good washing.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:50 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Got some jack stands at wallyworld and finally re-installed my skid plates (they've been in my cargo area scince thanksgiving. ) Then topped off my oil, antifreeze, and windshield washer fluid.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?