General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ooo.patrick
I repainted my front grille and the chevrolet logo. Before it was bedlinered but I found out the hard way that it will bubble from the heat of the engine so I sanded it down and spray painted it

Sounds like a prepping issue or just some really bad bedliner! My entire front end is bedlined and I don't have any bubbling or peeling or even chipping from road debris!! It looks good now though!!

Old 08-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Starting Member
586ace/macomb is on a distinguished road

I have a question...how do you post a question on this site? I just recently joined and have a 2002 blazer 4.3. i've used this site before and its very helpful. i'm trying to figure out if i can get my power steering pump pulley off without having to take the whole pump off. its got a bit of play in it and chirps.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 586ace/macomb
I have a question...how do you post a question on this site? I just recently joined and have a 2002 blazer 4.3. i've used this site before and its very helpful. i'm trying to figure out if i can get my power steering pump pulley off without having to take the whole pump off. its got a bit of play in it and chirps.
Well the first thing you do is use the "search" function at the top of your browser!!! If your still can't find what your looking for you post a question in the appropriate (click on this) section of the forum. Then rather than sitting back and waiting for us to respond you search even more while waiting

Old 08-24-2012, 05:14 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Well Shes Inspected , Got a new fuel filter , AND replaced the rear end pinion seal.

Just need to diagnose why code 42 and 43 keeps coming up....

Old 08-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Well Shes Inspected , Got a new fuel filter , AND replaced the rear end pinion seal.

Just need to diagnose why code 42 and 43 keeps coming up....
How hard was that?

Last edited by RetroBlazer; 08-24-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:34 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

How hard was what ? =D

Old 08-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Old 08-24-2012, 05:47 PM
vzill is on a distinguished road

I put on a new rear wiper blade that an idiot neighbor tried to rip off. Replaced the driver side mirror due to the glass getting all foggy. Put on new front brake shoes. Replaced all the shocks which were probably factory originals with Bilstein shocks.

My front tires had lots of weird wear patterns plus wear on the inside so I figured some new shocks would help.

Set of new tires of who knows what kind going on next week. The Bilstein shocks are so much stiffer when doing a ground "push down" compared to the ones I took off. Actually raised my vehicle .5 inches with the new shocks.

Now to figure out why engine lags with no power at a cold start for about 15 seconds but then has good power afterwards. Grrrrrr.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

finally changed my oil..

Old 08-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Beginning Member
bluejacket is on a distinguished road

Did a oil change and replaced the water pump, t stat, rad cap and lower rad hose.

Also found today that the pass side leaf spring is now flat, so now I need to find a good used one.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?