General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 06:07 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

its just one of those things i have to be in the mood to do.
i should do it more often but who has the time...besides my redhead (mustang) has been hogging my summer.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:14 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

alright i know its been a while since ive been on here but i now have a laptop with an internet connection at home!!!! so now i can be on here more often lol. today i took my green s-10 to school and back twice. while the 78 k5 sits. i just put the smaller 33s back on and put the 38 boggers away till late october. i was only getting about 10mpg with the boggers on and i think the 33s give me about 13 or 14. almost the same as my s-10 lol. here are some pics of the 78 after a mudding outing at a friends swamp

Name:  3451.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  296.7 KB

Name:  3436.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  308.9 KB

Name:  3434.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  210.9 KB

Name:  3450.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  331.8 KB

and stuck at procs back in june

Name:  3225.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  358.3 KB

Name:  3224.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  359.4 KB

as you can tell this thing is my baby lol.

and one final shot of it with the top off.

Name:  3368.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  341.4 KB

right now it looks ***** compared to back then. and i have a one ton axle for the rear just trying to find a reasonable dana60 for the front then she will have 1tons under her!!!

Old 09-26-2012, 10:17 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I got nothing done today to the jimmy... not a thing, some stuff coming this weekend though.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:33 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Well I tried to get it aligned, but the guys at big-o-tires said 'We can't align it because there is a lot of play in the idler arm (which I replaced earlier this year ) and the lower ball joints are bad.' What a PITA. So I told them to the best they could.

Then I went over to get it re-inspected with the new tie rods. So now I'm good for another year. The ball joints and idler arm are now on my to-do list.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:30 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

So glad we do not have inspections here in MN

Old 09-27-2012, 07:03 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

I cleaned mine out today. it was trashed. KNOCK ON WOOD mine has been driving amazing lately. Not sure if its from the cooler weather but ive noticed a bit of performance improvement. Only thing ive changed is the oil,and cleaned the iac again for the heck of it. If it stays like this it'll be nice. Anyone know when they start switching the fuel over to winter mix?

Last edited by chris015; 09-28-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Yesterday and today I got the right side of the steering/suspension on my '98 Jimmy disassembled. The upper ball joint took a half hour to remove; the lower took all day. The rivets were so stuck to the lower ball joint that they came out with the ball joint. Now I have a bunch of gigs over the weekend so I'll have to wait for Monday to work on it again. Good thing I have gigs because I spent over $500 on upper and lower ball joints, outer tie rod ends and an idler arm.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Is it OK to post what I did yesterday?

Replaced both ABS sensors. Had the truck on a friend's Snap-On scanner a while back and the fault showed up... I had already spliced the broken wire on the left one, but the right one broke too... Those sensors came with replacement hubs I put in about 5 years ago.

The Dorman sensors I bought were a tiny bit longer, but came with shims so they wouldn't hit the gear inside. The shims were not thick enough though, and the sensor rubbed anyway... so I devised a thicker shim out of a washer for one side and used 2 on the other. Further, simply pushing the sensor once into the hole in the hub to check the clearance shredded the tiny o-ring seal. When I realized how tight the clearance was, I put a tiny bit of silicone grease on it, but it still ruined the seal... so I put a couple of wraps of teflon tape around it.

Not sure if the fault lies with the sensors or the hubs, but at least I got 'em in and hooked up. Next, I need to do rear brake backing plates and parking brake shoes. NYS inspection is due in October...

Old 09-29-2012, 01:37 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I put my hid projectors back in today since I'm not selling it anymore. It's nice to be able to see at night again.

Old 09-29-2012, 03:34 AM
247monster will become famous soon enough

cleaned it out and found a baja bar off a fullsize blazer that was rolled that im trying to get ahold of the guy so i can buy it lol
its tweaked alittle bit from the roll but its not to bad and it would looks SWEET!!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?