General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 08:55 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Took out the hvac controls because i was surprised to see that they are supposed to light up, one morning turned it on, turned on the heat and saw it light up for a second, i was like "what the hell"
so I pulled them tonight, took the bulbs out and sure enough, they are burnt out, went to orielly, 4 bucks later and 10 minutes, I have lights again.
Did not have working lights on my 94 or this one since I got it. awesome.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:13 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

^^^
what no led swap!!!

Old 10-05-2012, 09:25 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

possibly at some point, I was not even aware the things were supposed to light up LOL
And I kinda of want to keep the LED's to the exterior. I like my interior dark.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:34 AM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road
Default filled the gas tank,haha

how to you all deal with the broken sun visor,with the mirror lights on all the time.
more cheap crap.
thanks

Old 10-06-2012, 06:45 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Nothing right now, to early........

Old 10-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Starting Member
serrasalmus is on a distinguished road

put in a new blower motor yesterday eveing old one almost locked up in the am when it was 35 outside now we got 2 inches of snow so glad i did it.....oh and bought a ford taurus too...

Old 10-06-2012, 02:13 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by int3414
how to you all deal with the broken sun visor,with the mirror lights on all the time.
more cheap crap.
thanks
I unplugged mine. It should be right where the visor mounts to the headliner, just unscrew it, unplug it, and you're good to go.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:06 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

I knew this day would eventually come. Using full synthetic oil in a truck that had only been run on conventional for a long time. My truck started leaking something fierce (aka oil). It is a decent amount too. Oil is all over everything I guess because it got blown everywhere when I was on my way home. It is all over the oil pan, tranny pan, differential, skid plates, cross-members, the list goes on... My first instinct tells me it is the oil pan gasket. Anybody had this problem before when switching from conventional to full synthetic? I've done 2 or 3 previous full synthetic oil changes and now the 4th several weeks ago and it is just now leaking oil. Hmm....

Old 10-06-2012, 03:14 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richphotos
Took out the hvac controls because i was surprised to see that they are supposed to light up, one morning turned it on, turned on the heat and saw it light up for a second, i was like "what the hell"
so I pulled them tonight, took the bulbs out and sure enough, they are burnt out, went to orielly, 4 bucks later and 10 minutes, I have lights again.
Did not have working lights on my 94 or this one since I got it. awesome.
could you get me the part # for the bulbs? I realized mine was out too a few weeks ago.

Originally Posted by tibby
I knew this day would eventually come. Using full synthetic oil in a truck that had only been run on conventional for a long time. My truck started leaking something fierce (aka oil). It is a decent amount too. Oil is all over everything I guess because it got blown everywhere when I was on my way home. It is all over the oil pan, tranny pan, differential, skid plates, cross-members, the list goes on... My first instinct tells me it is the oil pan gasket. Anybody had this problem before when switching from conventional to full synthetic? I've done 2 or 3 previous full synthetic oil changes and now the 4th several weeks ago and it is just now leaking oil. Hmm....
Yours is 4wd right? I bet 10 cents its going to be the oil line adapter on the block (where the filter woulda gone if it was a 2wd.) they like to leak and make it look like a crank seal. Pressure wash it all off at the car wash and drive it home,then lay down,get comfortable and watch for runs. lol

Old 10-06-2012, 04:26 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by chris015
could you get me the part # for the bulbs? I realized mine was out too a few weeks ago.

Yours is 4wd right? I bet 10 cents its going to be the oil line adapter on the block (where the filter woulda gone if it was a 2wd.) they like to leak and make it look like a crank seal. Pressure wash it all off at the car wash and drive it home,then lay down,get comfortable and watch for runs. lol
Bulb number 37 at orielly.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?