General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 04:23 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Nice was the issue tthe ground ??

Old 11-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Chevyrider RevT
i agree but here is the issue im getting i hooked each one up the the directionals and then hooked thr ground up but still im not getting any light put of them any ideas?
Check and make sure you have 12v there with the blinkers on, in addition to a good ground. You'll have to tap into the wires coming out of the column for the turn signals, then run them into the door, and out the mirror mount (probably easier feeding them thru the mirror mount first, backwards). For running lights you can just tap into the output from the switch.

EDIT: Nevermind - I see you've got it figured out.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:26 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Today im going to attempt in swapping out my steering column. It sucks so bad because i dont have a lift and im 6'5 and its hard getting my big *** so low to the ground and under the dash.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I made some quick disconnects for my front sway bar and finally finished my front receiver shackle install that I have been wanting to finish forever! There are pics in my build thread

Old 11-26-2012, 02:08 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Got the steering console in. Wooho! no more wobbly steering wheel. I did noticed my ragjoints is worn while i had it disconnected...The yard didnt have any more jeep shafts that would work. I guess i know where my steering play is now.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:44 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Finally ordered a BDS 5" lift today, i got a black friday discount and free
shipping total cost with steering stabilizer $2067 ouch

Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chris015
Got the steering console in. Wooho! no more wobbly steering wheel. I did noticed my ragjoints is worn while i had it disconnected...The yard didnt have any more jeep shafts that would work. I guess i know where my steering play is now.
Could have used Astro van too. Some of the Sy/Ty guys are using them now.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Was tired of the sloppy steering / wandering, so I jacked up the front end and took a look. Found significant play in the idler arm. Replaced it and did an oil change / lube while I was at it. Steering is much better.

Got a Moog part from Advance because they sent me a 25% off coupon code. The first one I bought was incorrect, even though their website said "exact fit for your Blazer"... since I had no other car available today, I had to reinstall the old part to go and exchange it... at least it's easy to get to on the Blazer.

Got it through NYS inspection too. Was only 1 month overdue...

Old 11-26-2012, 04:55 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by RetroBlazer
Could have used Astro van too. Some of the Sy/Ty guys are using them now.
Whoa wait,chevy astro van shafts? dont they have ragjoints too? imma google this!

Speaking of astro vans i know some of them had carbonfiber leafsprings,which weighs nothing compared to the stock ones. i remember someone telling me they fit. Im not sure though id love to have em though if they work.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by okiedoak20
Finally ordered a BDS 5" lift today, i got a black friday discount and free
shipping total cost with steering stabilizer $2067 ouch
saweet!!!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?