General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 11:05 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 99cbsuv
Hi Roberto,
Yes I am a DIY guy, have been all my life ( early 60's now ) I do mostly all my own repair work and I'm not afraid to tackle mostly anything. I rebuild and repair vintage motorcycles as a hobby so repairing my vehicles isn't a daunting task to me. However after reading about how poorly these Blazers have been designed, all of the know issues and seeing how many people have basically the same problems over and over again, keeping this vehicle may not be a very prudent decision on my part money wise. Here in cold country where i live you need to have a vehicle that will get you from point A to point B without breaking down or requiring visits to a shop on a regular basis. Country roads are not the place to break down at night or any time for that matter, especially in winter months. From what I have read, these vehicles have a poor history, but we'll give it a chance to prove itself worthy.
i feel ya.
Best thing to have for thesse vehicles is a "pull your own parts" yard. Parts are everywhere and cheap. If it wasnt for one of those near me i would have had me something different a long time ago. But for some reason or another i love these things. Its just one of them things.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:19 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

These trucks really aren't too bad.

It's the same gamble you will have if you buy pretty much any vehicle that is almost 15 years old with an unknown history.

It the 3+ years I've owned mine I've only spent $400 on it for repairs (A pair of oil cooler lines, and a Mass airflow sensor).

There definitely are a few parts on these trucks that are more prone to breaking, but at least by looking at this site you can get a good idea of what they are, how to prevent it, and how to repair it.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:57 AM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

New wipers yay

Old 12-01-2012, 08:05 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

I filled up the back with a bunch of stuff cause im getting ready to move it.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Alexquade is on a distinguished road
Default trans flush

did a transmission flush yesterday. hoping it'll correct my p1810 code i keep getting and a random tc lock up issue. code reappeared this morning, but it's shifting a lot smoother, and doesn't have the tc issue as much as it did. i'll prolly be getting my tranny redone in the near future though.... anyway, this is what came out!

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-trans-fluid-2-.jpg  
Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 PM
papabear blazer is on a distinguished road

new gmc grill, painted gmc black, new fog lights and new lip. i had to cut holes in the lip to fit my fog lights. pretty clean though.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:27 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

picked up my BDS 5" lift kit on Friday Merry Xmas

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20121130_160002%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Roberto Lavin Lopez is on a distinguished road

Replace oil cooler line with new hoses.
Nobody tell me about lower front axle to remove one of the lines.
Nobody tell me tha the GM Chile mounted Warn Winche needs to be removed t change those lines.
Finaly, I just figure out that I need 8 hose brackets but only have 4.

Then go into my fathers Trail Blazer for tranny oil filter change only to figure out the spare parts store sold us a jeep filter...not a good day for DIY...

Old 12-02-2012, 07:16 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

rotated tires, and got 98% of the interior rattles gone.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:05 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

I filled up the back with more stuff from the project.Unrelated to the Jimmy directly but indirectly I moved stuff from my old garge to smaller building.Cleaned the shop and swepped it spotless.Tomorrow hopefully I`ll be reporting back saying I towed the Jimmy to my new building.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?