General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 PM
Beginning Member
Michaelwiseguy is on a distinguished road

junk yard would have bumpstops you need.

Bump stops! Knowing what parts are called is half the battle. Thanks. I'll probably get a couple in the after market.

On the entertainment side, I installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3 about 5 years ago. Has great GPS and everything. My 2001 had a 1.5Din opening so I got a new charcoal face plate with the 2.0 Din and did a slight mod to the the inside. It looks factory and the touchscreen is sweet. Plays DVD and an ipod in the glove. I 'm going to add a reverse camera to it. I figured out the electronic mod from online so I can use it in motion.

I'm thinking about painting the side rear window trim in the body color. I filled the oxidation and repainted black a while ago but it needs to be repainted again.

OT
Rand Paul convinces Mitch McConnell to come out for legalizing industrial hemp!

http://www.dailypaul.com/272836/rand...ndustrial-hemp

Last edited by Michaelwiseguy; 01-31-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:36 PM
Starting Member
blaz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by streblo

And Yes, new tires for next year, 33's when you come help me put on a body lift this summer! I was trying to figure it out, I think the tires only have about 100,000km on them I should be good for at least another 20 years right?
No problem. Time and place and I will be there. I did mine by myself, I helped Jared with his, so I should be an expert by now.

Oh, there is an Eaton E-Locker on kijiji for $550 right now. It makes a huge difference as you saw on the week end.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blaz
No problem. Time and place and I will be there. I did mine by myself, I helped Jared with his, so I should be an expert by now.

Oh, there is an Eaton E-Locker on kijiji for $550 right now. It makes a huge difference as you saw on the week end.
Awesome sounds good! Sometime when it is parked for the summer! And That locker would be sweet, the blazer fund is going to be tapped out with a body lift and tires for this year

Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

-13°F outside right now. It...is...brutal. But yet again, Jimmy started up perfectly. No human should live in an environment such as this.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:48 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Welp,its friday. meeting up with someone about trading my blazer for a 91 s10. We'll see how it goes. I'm not feeling it yet. apparently he replaced the short block with one from a 96. I dont know how that will work since everything should be roller. question is did he use that stuff and his old lifters or used the vortec cam with the rollers.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Tossing around the idea of selling our '89 with the carbed '00 Vortec out of a Jimmy. If anyone's interested shoot me a PM. All depends on what kind of offers I get .... still on the fence.

LOTS of work into this one - front end all new, tires, brakes, all engine gaskets plus oil pump & timing chain set. Recent fuel tank, water pump, rear brakes. Block heater. Body in great shape for the year, frame solid. Oiled every winter. Edelbrock 500 carb, manual choke & Edelbrock intake manifold. Stock exhaust - quiet as a mouse. More torque than any S10 Blazer I've ever driven. Fires right up and runs mint. Tranny perfect. Probably a hundred little things I forget. Adult female owned & driven - never beat on.

Only issue is 4x4 not working due to something inside front diff. Everything else works.

See the build here & make an offer: https://blazerforum.com/forum/genera...-begins-63094/

Some pics:

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazers102_zpscdc441ce.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazers103_zps4c71be1e.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazers104_zpsca26fc9d.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazers10_zps68d9140a.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazers105_zpse67820e9.jpg  

Last edited by Smitty Smithsonite; 02-01-2013 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Add pics
Old 02-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I finally finished properly wiring all of my lights and making it look like it should! More pics in my build thread of course.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-187d5263-54e9-4b4f-9ea8-e5b6defcce49-727-000000c706480af3_zps7d4b8fc3.jpg  
Old 02-01-2013, 01:24 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Awesome, Looks good rex.
I just drew circles on some MDF, going to send them to my buddys wood shop so he can cut them out for me. one less thing to do for the components.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:40 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Had a squeeky pulley changed the upper one a month ago, wouldnt you know it was the tensioner pulley, just changed that one

Old 02-01-2013, 04:17 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

rear brakes..easy job turned into a p.i.t.a. caliper pins froze in the brackets...both sides!!
so i now will have a new routine maint time frame for greasing those things.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?