General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 11:13 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

so apparently the windshield leaks a tiny bit, which blows my mind, all winter with melting snow, then heavy rain this spring, then a high pressure car wash at holiday.. no leaks.
But I came outside from the bar, to find it lightly raining, and I get inside, turn on the windshield wipers, to find a small area of water directly in the center of the windshield inside, 2 small drips on the dashboard.

Oh well, Going to pick up some permatex flowable windshield sealant and put that along the whole top edge of the windshield. I think I already found the area that it is leaking from.

Putting new rubber trim on these things... is.... not... easy... I can see how I might have put less in one spot than the other.

Simple enough though... besides not having a garage. /rant.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Beginning Member
iGameInverted is on a distinguished road

Managed to crack part of the front skid plate on my blazer over the weekend. Not sure what I should do. It currently hangs at to spots and both are halfway cracked around the bolts but it still stays in place minus where it split down the center.

Debating on buying and aftermarket skid plate to replace it or breaking of the hanging pieces and leaving it as is.

Will probably put some pics up tomorrow.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:34 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

the plastic or aluminum ones? Either way, hit up a u-pull...

Old 04-08-2013, 05:37 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

IGame, are you near MA at all? I might have a plastic one off a '00 Jimmy .... I'll have to dig through the pile & check ...

Old 04-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Beginning Member
iGameInverted is on a distinguished road

It is a plastic one with a removable cover for easy access to the air filter. I am near MA but not close enough. I am from New York, thank you for the offer though. I will probably check out some local pick and pulls to see if I can dig anything up.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:22 PM
BF Veteran

Tonight I am going to get permatex flow able windshield sealer. Put it in a little syringe looking thing I got from the hobby shop with a plastic tip that is flexible, and put the tip under the rubber windshield trim along the top of the windshield and inject that stuff in there.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Beginning Member
tahwos is on a distinguished road

Finished putting Alpine SPS-610 speakers in the back doors today - did the dash and front doors last week, with a set of SPS-610C's.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:09 PM
tommyraybradley is on a distinguished road

Installed a Smittybilt bumper with an XRC-8 winch.

Build thread: https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...stalled-78473/

Old 04-08-2013, 03:14 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tommyraybradley
Installed a Smittybilt bumper with an XRC-8 winch.

Build thread: https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...stalled-78473/
Nice, building my own right and hope to have pictures up in a week or two

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-smittybilt-winch-mount-bumper-6982-picture-26148.jpg  
Old 04-08-2013, 06:00 PM
BF Veteran

Got the permatex flowable windshield sealant. And put a good amount along the top of the windshield. I think it did the trick, I will find out when this storm system starts out as rain, then changes over to s...s....s.... I cant even say that word this time of year. That cold white crap.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?