General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Starting Member
bear159 is on a distinguished road

I finally got my ipf lights on my jimmy, I have them wired and there a lot brighter then my old lights I had on my light rack. I also repainted the light covers.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:06 AM
midnightbluS10 can only hope to improve

Drove it! It's been down the last 7 months. The new crate engine is performing flawlessly.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:38 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by midnightbluS10
Drove it! It's been down the last 7 months. The new crate engine is performing flawlessly.

Good to hear!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:23 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

For the 1st time in a long time I did something on my Jimmy.I have work todo underneith I got jacked up on some realy high home made ramps on the rear.That was enough .

Old 05-22-2013, 03:08 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default Todays progress

Relitivly minor but I got the front end jacked up on ramps today.So now its up in the air so I can try an accomplish getting my dipstick and translines connected.Then I also have some exhaust work to do also.I cant wait to star all this fun

Old 05-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Horton is on a distinguished road

So not exactly today, but earlier this month I did a nice repair to my Blazer and am finally getting some pics up of the what it looks like now. A couple years ago I had an incident with some dude (long story) and he decided to try and blow up my car (another long story). The final damage of the firebombing wasn't too extensive. Basically behind my drivers seat caught fire, destroyed the back of my seat, front of the rear passenger bench seat, the headliner (smoke rises), cd player's screwed, driver's side rear door panel was gone, all trim around that area, as well as my seatbelt and trim cover, and LOTS of cleaning from smoke soot. Wasn't covered because I was changing insurance at the time and it had been sitting for weeks uninsured (laaaammmeeee), didn't really want to fix anything for years since all the damage was directly behind me, I couldn't see it. Out of sight, out of mind-kinda. So i'm finally getting to the simple cheap repairs that I have been EXTREMELY LAZY and didn't want to fix. These are some pics of the first things I have replaced.

Out of the 15 blazers in the lot, I found the most destroyed 98' Blazer....that had the BEST conditioned headliner, overhead console, and sun visors ! Best part is that I happened to find one with the exact charcoal interior I had previously, and better condition that mine was !

Looks pretty damn good to me! Only thing that sucked was that since it was from a 98' and not the same year as mine, the new console has newer features I guess and the consoles main plug connection is not the same as my 97's (different features i'm assuming). My next thing to complete this is to go find a 97' and pull just that part out and see if I can just retrofit it into my new console. Seems like the exact same size, just gotta get it to fit by messing up a junker's console.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_8308.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_8307.jpg  
Old 05-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Starting Member
bear159 is on a distinguished road

I decided to re wire my new ipf lights to 12 gauge wire and 30 amp fuse's, i'm going to have one switch turn on the outer two lights and the other switch turn on the inner two. I just stared today but I should have them done by the weekend.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:18 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Picked up my u joints and carrier bearing support for my sonoma...Tomorrow...Will suck..

Old 05-22-2013, 11:54 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Got my bodylift on.

Just need to sort out a faulty connection with the signal lights. Also ordered new signal lights.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:36 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

My hand is feeling better so I spent the day splitting time between my '98 Jimmy and my friend's '94 Blazer which used to be mine. I got the fuel filler neck back in the Jimmy and finished my testing on the EVAP system. We changed the starter on the Blazer.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?