General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Starting Member
Blazer_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Got the AC Delco cap and rotor in the mail today, that I ordered online. I used a tube of Dielectric grease in the spark plug boots, and then on all electrical contacts inside the cap and on the rotor. She idles so smooth at the stop lights now that I found myself looking down at the tach to see if the engine was still running.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Beginning Member
JAKT is on a distinguished road

Fixed the rust on my rear fenders with bondo and added fender trim; had 2 upper ball joints, idler arm, wheel bearing and front fender replaced to pass inspection.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:45 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JAKT
Fixed the rust on my rear fenders with bondo and added fender trim; had 2 upper ball joints, idler arm, wheel bearing and front fender replaced to pass inspection.
fixed the rust with bondo?? man, that is not going to last long, sorry to say. If you want to fix it with bondo decently, you need to grind down as much flaky rust as you can, then put some rust converter like por-15 on there, and then bondo over it, otherwise, the rust is still there and has nothing to stop it, and that bondo will crack and break in no time.
Trust me, happened on the lower part of my drivers door, previous owner fixed that rust with bondo, now I am going to have to remove it all, and put in some new metal most likely to fix it right. Thankfully there is 3m panel bond adhesive.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Starting Member
bear159 is on a distinguished road

Well my jimmy decided not to start today... I can hear the starter going but it won't spin the flywheel to start it. I hope the teeth in the flywheel are not chipped or worn out and its just the starter.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:07 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bear159
Well my jimmy decided not to start today... I can hear the starter going but it won't spin the flywheel to start it. I hope the teeth in the flywheel are not chipped or worn out and its just the starter.
Sounds like just the starter, Mine did the same thing, replaced the starter and all is 100% again.
A lot of people told me to check the flywheel to make sure no teeth were missing, i told them they were assuming the absolute worst.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:14 AM
Starting Member
armykyle1 is on a distinguished road

I cleaned up some wires today.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:38 AM
cage47 is on a distinguished road

Replaced the oil pump. Was definitely worn as the new one keeps the pressure up when its warm and stop at a light. And that is on a 4x4. Yes it was a pain getting it outs the pan. Had to loosten the front differential to get the pan low enough to wrangle it out and the new one in. That and had to do my right upper a frame bushings again. Next left upper ball joint....again. they only seem to last me 2years

Old 05-31-2013, 10:41 AM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

I have done a tad bit of work to the old girl. Started out with a good soak with some degreaser after pulling off my skid plates, gotta say she was pretty dirty.
BEFORE

AFTER

Then I decided to do the TB blade mod, actually has a noticeable difference on acceleration.

Cleaned it out too, was pretty grimey

Then ended up out at the great salt lake ripping through the mud, it was the only time I ever went straight to the wash after being off road. The mud smelled like doodoo haha.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-fxh7dsel.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-0gnwzdpl.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-q9ueajrl.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-o6fuvm1l.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-56vmthdl.jpg  

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-z4af7kvl.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-drfj8uul.jpg  
Old 05-31-2013, 01:41 PM
tommyraybradley is on a distinguished road

Installed rear spot lights. Still need to be wired.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:52 AM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Oil change and air filter change , was a little over due

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?