General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 07:27 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

no matter who is at the wheel Govt can only do three things well

1. take money
2. waste said money
3. blow **** up

Old 07-19-2013, 07:59 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
no matter who is at the wheel Govt can only do three things well

1. take money
2. waste said money
3. blow **** up
I was thinking about this today,
We pay to live in our house, buy it, and the land,ok thats no problem, then we have to pay to live in our town, then pay to live in our state, then pay to live in our country. We cant even decide what happens here also. Yes we elect people who say the will do something but then they do what they want. Kissed your *** to get their position.

We buy our car, then pay to own it, we pay pay for our roads, then pay for up keep on them as in excise, gas ,tolls etc.

Thinking about moving out of the country and becoming a citizen of that country, then moving back and getting everything free

Old 07-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I don't know about y'all but in VA we pay taxes on our vehicles when we buy them and then again every year as long as you own said vehicle!! The worst part is that the state decides what they think your vehicle is worth and charge you accordingly. After my discovery blew up and it was almost completly parted they tried to charge me $300 in taxes!! They said the truck was worth something like $8k. I litterally called them and asked if they would like to buy the truck for $8k when they said no I refused to pay it and sold what was left a week later.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Yeah MA does the same thing - they call it an excise tax. $25 per $1,000 of the vehicles value for as long as the vehicle is registered. The collection is handled by the city/town you live in. Don't pay, and your reg gets revoked ... then you go to jail the next time you get stopped if caught driving. Some towns charge more than others. The $25/$1,000 never changes, but they get around this by screwing with your vehicles value. New cars depreciate very rapidly, to your benefit. My '07 Silverado is valued at far less than it's worth, which is great. But, the value of old vehicles is big time inflated. '89 S10 Blazer is valued at $1,900 in my town - and my town is one of the cheapest around. That could be a restored showpiece ... or a clapped-out pile of **** - your still paying $76 at tax time.

Taxes are a necessary evil, but the things this administration is doing are SOOO far removed from what our Founders intended. We need to get back to governance by THE CONSTITUTION, (you know, the document that made America what it is today and has worked for over 200 years) and stop all this social engineering B/S.

Ok, that;s enough for me for today. I could rant about this all day! But, this is a BLAZER forum, after all.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I think it's rediculous!! I paid taxes on it when I bought it why should I have to continue to pay them very year??? I didn't have to in WI or FL so I really hate doing it here.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:25 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Our forfathers that settled this country as a means to escape the high tazes from the Queen yet here we are today and we have pay the same taxes in rediculous amounts.So our country is no different now that the country our for fathers came to America for.
Michigan charges taxes based on asseced value also which should be unconstitutional.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

We have to pay for all these people leeching of the welfare system and foodstamps and their Obamaphones, we have to watch the media destroy societies conscious morals with petty things this, eat the food that is made by the company that produces Agent Orange, while that same company is destroying the farming community by suing natural farmers who get their crops pollenated by another farmers GMO seeds.

Back on topic here, I put in an xplod yesterday. Much happier with this in my door. Although when I went and got the small socket set at walmart, the driver broke while I was tearing the packaging apart. Typical. The only problem is that the Xplod was slighter bigger than the OEM, and while there are two sets of holes on the outside ring of the speaker, neither matched up quite right, so all but one of the screws holding it in are at a crazy angle. But it's sturdy!!!!

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-999023_691333724226296_1826856250_n.jpg  
Old 07-20-2013, 11:42 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Went to the garage after remembering I have an extra set of fender flares in the rafters. The ones on the truck are in perfect shape, but the PO painted them and its flaking off. So for the time being, I am going to throw the extra set on (they are almost perfect, couple blemishes) until I am able to get all the paint off the perfect once, then paint them the right way, and throw them back on. PO was good, but he did not know how to paint worth a damn.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

I was dragged to a baby shower today. Tried to kill time at the junkyard searching for a mirror. Then tried to kill more time installing my mirror.

They're mismatched but I like the newer one WAY better. Kinda sleeker, IMO. I didn't bother with any of the power hookups, especially since it's a heated mirror and I just Dr. Gaf'd it. I'll probably get the mate this week but I need a deep socket for these newer mirrors first. The studs are bigger than the 97 OEM, so it warranted some new washers and nuts.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-947269_692131317479870_1419972469_n.jpg  
Old 07-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Beginning Member
BMWDr is on a distinguished road

Finally got around to mounting some 6" lights up front. Welded some scrap metal pieces together and was able to use the top bumper bolts to attach them with. Then a little minor trimming on the bottom of the grille and they are in as tight as possible and hardly any visable mount.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-bmwdr-61279-albums-garage-bob-7111-picture-6-off-road-lights-installed-26996.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-bmwdr-61279-albums-garage-bob-7111-picture-made-some-pretty-simple-brackets-26997.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?