General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2022, 09:08 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
my wife is having her left knee replaced on the last day of my hunting season, then four days later she has a buck tag and I have an elk tag. Thankfully, one of her brothers is coming up the day before her surgery so I'll be able to hunt. Her tag is for private land only where we live, so I told her I would duct tape her to the railing on the back porch.
I'm picturing a device that is a combination walker and tripod...

Old 11-07-2022, 01:22 PM
Beginning Member
Rodney gullion is on a distinguished road
Default 2002 two-door two wheel drive

Originally Posted by hotrod413
I took the front dash speaker grills off, and cleaned them, cleaned the radio surround, and cleaned the steering wheel. I cant afford a new one so this one has to do for now

here is a before pic of the steering wheel. got too dark for an after. Its hard to see but there is grease and dirt all over it. NEVER let a friend borrow your truck UNLESS he wears gloves and/or he is not going to work on anything greasy
  • remove the speaker covers and open up the whole slightly and installed 75 and a quarter inch round speakers in the dash replace the trim panel around the gauges and radio and vents over $300 can you believe that s*** installed a Pioneer receiver and six and a half inch speakers in the doors new power window motor that's enough for today what are you guys think

Old 11-07-2022, 01:37 PM
Beginning Member
Rodney gullion is on a distinguished road
Default 2002 two wheel drive two door

Originally Posted by stsrus
Well, I got all the emblems off, along with wearing off almost all of my fingernails. They make nice little scrubbers but don't hold up very well.

got another set of wheels at Sand Mountain Recycling for $35 each with Michelin tires and the center caps and lug nuts can you dig it

Old 11-07-2022, 05:44 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

I replaced my damaged door. I was lucky enough to find one in a junkyard that was the right color, and matches pretty closely.

I went from this:

To this:

Almost like it never happened, lol.

Old 11-08-2022, 12:17 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tom A
I replaced my damaged door. I was lucky enough to find one in a junkyard that was the right color, and matches pretty closely.

I went from this:

To this:

Nice.

So what is going on with the panel below the rear-most window?

Old 11-08-2022, 12:33 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by christine_208
Nice.

So what is going on with the panel below the rear-most window?
Thanks. That's armor I made after I dented the rear quarter panel on the other side. I added the bars after breaking both of the rear quarter windows (at different times). It looks all splotchy in the picture because I just finished washing it and it wasn't completely dry yet.

Old 11-08-2022, 09:30 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Thanks. That's armor I made after I dented the rear quarter panel on the other side. I added the bars after breaking both of the rear quarter windows (at different times). It looks all splotchy in the picture because I just finished washing it and it wasn't completely dry yet.
Nice solution! I was concerned, you had mounted shower safety handles to your Blazer.

Is that an external power outlet in the armor too?

Old 11-08-2022, 11:32 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

I went from this:

To this:

Looking good! Almost thought you just pounded out the dents lol

Old 11-08-2022, 12:30 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by christine_208
Nice solution! I was concerned, you had mounted shower safety handles to your Blazer.

Is that an external power outlet in the armor too?
Haha... That would be a new one. They are pretty handy to stand on, though, if I need to mess with stuff on the roof. You are correct. That's a plug-in for my onboard battery charger.

Originally Posted by DonL
Looking good! Almost thought you just pounded out the dents lol
I tried that, but pounding all the broken glass back together turned out to be harder than expected. Better to just get a "new" door, lol.

Old 11-08-2022, 09:28 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Haha... That would be a new one. They are pretty handy to stand on, though, if I need to mess with stuff on the roof. You are correct. That's a plug-in for my onboard battery charger.

I tried that, but pounding all the broken glass back together turned out to be harder than expected. Better to just get a "new" door, lol.
looking good tom! I need to get my jimmy finished!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?