General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 02:06 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

It turned pink? Did it do that instantly? Or was it gradual? Most likely a problem with the capsule.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Ahh the dreaded pink HID. Just means your bulb is at the end of it's life.

Ranger, as for the other problems, it sounds like you have a short somewhere, or an incandescent bulb that had a filament break and short the other post (front turn signals? Unless you have LED there too). I've seen this happen when turn signals were wired incorrectly - you get all kinds of strange things happening. Electricity just takes the path of least resistance, and will move in directions you never thought possible.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:29 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Thogert
It turned pink? Did it do that instantly? Or was it gradual? Most likely a problem with the capsule.
Pretty much instantly. It's just a dying bulb. Luckily from my last pair of bulbs I kept the one that didn't burn out so I can just throw it back in for now.

Amazing how they seem to last bang on a year.

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Ahh the dreaded pink HID. Just means your bulb is at the end of it's life.

Ranger, as for the other problems, it sounds like you have a short somewhere, or an incandescent bulb that had a filament break and short the other post (front turn signals? Unless you have LED there too). I've seen this happen when turn signals were wired incorrectly - you get all kinds of strange things happening. Electricity just takes the path of least resistance, and will move in directions you never thought possible.
It was the turn signals that were LED and causing the problem. They came off ebay with about 10 little SMD bulbs per signal and a little black resistor box that plugs right in so you don't need to wire those in.

They just made my system go haywire. Had it at a shop 3 times to get it fixed. Last time he just wired my stock incandescent signals back in and it has worked flawlessly since then (knock on wood).

Just wasn't meant to be! These LED signals are going to be shotgun fodder unless someone wants to buy em cheap and see if they can get them working.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

That makes sense - probably some chinese wiring in there no doubt.

Someone brought me a Sunl ATV once to get running. Had no spark. First, I found wires falling out of the ignition switch, then found the charging system wasn't strong enough to handle just one light, let alone FOUR ... and the final, funny thing I found was Red wire off the battery turning BLACK midway thru the harness ... and the black negative off the battery turning red! Man did that cause some confusion .. and sparks LOL!

Must've been a translation issue upon assembly ...

Old 08-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

had to put a new driver side front hub on the work blazer this morning. it was pretty much BLOWN out. its so much quieter in my truck now! lol.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

since the work truck got some love today, i figured that i would get my ZR5 rims put on today! comments???

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-20130817_134700_zps65df088e.jpg  
Old 08-17-2013, 03:56 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I love those rims, I really do.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:27 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Pretty sweet I always liked them my self.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:59 PM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Took 2 days but I got the plugs and wires done and also the passenger side exhaust header gaskets. Header bolts came out without an issue, had a harder time getting the stupid plugs back in.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:02 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Of those rims would look amazing on the jimmy.... jealous.

Side note, did nothing thought, but got a couple photos. I was going to be doing a shoot of this framed s10 but my buddy was too sick, so I got drunk instead and took a couple photos

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-dsc_4253copy_zpsb001ffb6.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-dsc_4250_zpsd7824470.jpg  

Last edited by richphotos; 08-18-2013 at 01:20 AM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?