General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Differences between LS and ZR2

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 09:37 PM
mscott03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Differences between LS and ZR2

OK, So I've been searching the internet for a while now and cant seem to find out what on the ZR2's are different from the LS. I've never owned a non ZR2 model so I have no clue.. Does anyone have this information?

Old 09-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Differences between LS and ZR2

Basically Suspension. The frames are different to facilitate the different mount points necessary for the factory lift that a zr2 comes with.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

They only come in two doors, if that is something you might need to consider.

They also have skid plates, bigger, wider tires (I believe they come with 31's). They all come with wider flares because of that extra width, I suppose. The chassis is heightened and it has a wider stance. It can come in 2wd for some reason, which makes no sense to me because it's supposed to be an offroading vehicle. I'm not sure if all of them do, but I think they also come with a rear locker.

Basically, it's designed for offroad.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:11 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Everything you wanted to know about what makes a ZR2 different from a non-ZR2.
Click Me

Old 09-10-2006, 02:55 AM
mscott03 is an unknown quantity at this point

That was an awesome site - thanks for that one..

Old 09-10-2006, 03:30 AM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

yea hanr very good site.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Starting Member
Brian J. Lesko is an unknown quantity at this point

The ZR2 is an LS model. The difference between the regular LS and a ZR2 is the larger tires, fender flares, and a 3 inch factory lift. The ZR2 is also only available as a 2 door model. Also, the ZR2 automatically has a lot of options standard. (CD player, power everything, etc.)

Old 09-11-2006, 11:59 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what the trim levels on the ZR2 are, however the trim levels on the regular S10-Blazers are LS or LT. At least on the newer body styles. On the older body styles there was a Tahoe version, and a few others taht I canoot think of at the moment.

Each trim level determines the standard options on the vehicle. You can have other options added to the standard trim level. However they all start out as either LS or LT, at least for the newer body styles.

It could be possible the the ZR2 has both trim levels as well.

In essence
LS & Lt are tirm levels.
While ZR2 is a suspension package.
There are other suspension packages as well. However, most people don't talk about them much.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Starting Member
Brian J. Lesko is an unknown quantity at this point

Not 100% sure, but I think that all ZR2's are the LS trim level. At least mine is, and so is my cousin's, and a few other people that I know that have or have had ZR2's. If there is a LT trim level ZR2, I've never seen one. Does anyone out there have one or know if it exists?