General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Maybe Fuel Pump maybe Timing???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 05:19 PM
USMaverick101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Maybe Fuel Pump maybe Timing???

So today I spent a good amount of time working on the truck. I took apart the whole upper intake manifold. I got to the fuel injectors..I found alot of grease and a little bit of oil sitting in there (i dont know of you'd call it the lower intake manifold), ..but i tried cleaning it all up a little bit, even took the injectors out and cleaned all the sludge off. ..I put everything back together and then i tried starting it and i still couldt get it running. Then i took out the plugs and they were fouled. I replaced them with the ones i got last week from napa, then I put in starting fluid directly into the intake manifold, and tridd starting it and then it fired up, It was running and running strong.I would give gas and it'd revv, and then i shut it off and now it wont start. I could put startingf fluid back in, but it will fire up but then only die out again. I'm not sure what this could be. I wish I had taken pictures to show u guys what I did. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 11-12-2006, 02:20 AM

Definetly the fuel pump, I just ordered it off ebay, the ac delco. only 45 dollars with shipping. I will be replacing it as soon as it comes in. Hopefully not too long.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:38 PM

Great News. Changed the Fuel pump the other night, finished it yesterday morning. Now the truck runs great. All that trouble of guessing and trying other things, and it was the fuel pump. But I got it done, the gas tank is such a pain to take out. I wish i had lift, i just did it with car sitting. Oh yeh guys, if you ever gonna do this, make sure you empty your tank before putting it back in. Its one heavy beast. After I emptied it, it made the job 10x more easier. I wish those connector hoses that go to the housing were a little longer. It was so hard to get my hand up and around the tank to screw those threads. I'v already done this twice though, 1st time changing the whole tank, now this time changing the fuel pump. I should have changed the pump when I changed the tank. But anyways after 3 weeks, my truck is finally back in service. I just wanted to say thanks to all u guys who helped me out in the past 3 weeks with this fiasco. very much appreciated.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that your repair was successful!