General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

what is the best transmission cooler..

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 02:59 PM
89Blazze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: what is the best transmission cooler..

It's Off Branded for a reason....Like the ole saying goes"U Get What U Pay For"Just like using Bosch parts on our Blazers when u & I both know that AC Delco is the way to go...Right?

Old 11-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Although that is true in most cases, it is off brand because Autozone sells the Hayden (which makes the B&M) and Advanced sells the Imperial (which is made by Hayden). It's all a run around so the stores aren't selling the same product.

You'll find out quickly that there are only afew true sources for aftermarket parts no matter what the final packaging is.

In the case of the cooler, I have run the imperials on the last 5 vehicles that I have owned. They have all performed flawlessly with no leaks. My father has also run them on all of his farm trucks. One even lived through a front end collision on his old '89 C1500. Made a dent in the radiator, but it didn't leak and was reused on the new radiator when we put everything back together.

Old 11-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Using the AC Delco vs Bosch isn't the proper annalogy. Actually, there really isn't a proper annalogy. Parts of equal quality can be branded (painted, boxed, etc) different so they can be sold in many different markets. Hayden does this with their coolers. Imperial=Hayden=B&M. Buy them with equal confidence from where ever you want. I work for an undisclosed major fluid pump manufacturer and we sell the same pump to 2 different markets and call it X in one market and it's painted one color and call it Y in another market and it's painted a different color. It's the same pump, same parts, but different names and colors.

**EDIT - actually, the price for the different brands of the same cooler are about the same no matter where you purchase it from. Purchased locally, you wouldn't pay shipping charges, but would pay tax.

Old 11-23-2005, 03:47 PM

Acutally not sure where u read that Hayden made B&M????? According to B&M they have never or ever will associate w/anyone due to there OWN history of sucess...since the 50's...So that hayden makes B&M is un- warranted....to say the least

Old 11-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Administrator

I have had a Hayden cooler and a B&M side by side and EVERYTHING right down to packaging (asside from the artwork on the box) was identical. Now that may have changed as it was 4-5 years ago, but I highly doubt it.

Old 11-23-2005, 04:13 PM

I was referring to ur claim that hayden MADE B&M.....yes they may look alike but trust me they are no where in the same class of quality...thats all i was trying to clear up...but hey nice try..lol joking....

Old 11-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure that they aren't the same quality. Just because it's B&M doesn't mean that it isn't made in China! IIRC, the stamping numbers on the end plates of the 2 that I saw were in the same location. Also, at that point in time, I know for a fact that the PN's were identical. Now maybe Hayden was copying B&M. I don't know, but it is mighty suspicious to say the least.

I'm sure that B&M makes a damn good cooler and that is all that matters per this discussion. I'm just stating what I know from actual comparison. And I think that Hayden/Imperial is a damn good cooler as well.

*EDIT - Even though the pictures of the coolers themselves (B&M) looks identical to the imperial that I have on my Bravada now, it does look like the B&M kit from Summit contains everything that would be necessary for a nice clean install.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:25 PM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

know this is old but very helpful. atleast it was with me today when I picked up the hoses. Could be B&M makes the haydon. Model. There is just allot of branding any more. You would be amazed at how many dif. brands of bread is made in a certian bakery. Just use as an example.