Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

High FLow Cat, o2 Censors

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 04:25 PM
BSchmity69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default High FLow Cat, o2 Censors

So im lookin to get a high flow cat for my 96 jimmy 4dr. Does anyone know were to get a direct fit bolt on dynomax high flow cat? Any Prefrences?? Will it make my exhaust any louder? And i figured id change the o2 censor while im down there, will any censor do from autozone and does it help w/ performance/mpg at all? Jjust wondering. Thanx Adam

Old 01-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: High FLow Cat, o2 Censors

The down stream sensors have nothing to do with the actual operation of the motor, they are catalyst monitoring only. If you are not currently experiencing poor performance or efficiency, then the O2 sensors are mostlikely doing their job. If you were to want to replace the upstream sensors (before the 'Y' in the y-pipe) due to mileage or other reasons, they would be the only ones worth changing.

As far as a bolt in catalytic converter, I believe that the stock cat is part of the y-pipe so you would need to replace the whole y-pipe if you wanted a true bolt on application. I'm not sure if that is available at a reasonable price, but SummitRacing.com, Jegs.com, and various other online retailers would probably be a place to start.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:05 PM

Thanx swartlkk, yes my mpg has been a little down the down side, i had to replace the engine over the summer and im sure its still tight but i montior my gas milage religously and it has seem to have come down even scence the replacement. Im not positive but i swear there were flanges on both sides of my cat so i figured there would be a direct oem fit. Ill climb under tommarow just to be positive.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Its possible. Check out the sites I listed. They should have direct bolt ins.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:50 PM

cant seem to find a bolt on dynomax hi flow cat. any idea how much a shop would charge me to swap them out if i got just the cat.