Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

intake on a budget

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 04:57 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Why not just do it right and hook it back into your new intake runner? Small as the volume is, that air is supposed to come through the MAF.
Go to Lowes/HD and look at the ABS and brass fittings/adapters. Drill hole, thread in, seal with RTV.
__________________________________________________ ____________________
I aint gonna comment on the 'go faster' qualities of that aftermarket crap... I used to be young and dumb, once too. Though I been thinking about creating a thread on it just for S$%^ts and giggles..

heh

Old 08-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Beginning Member
KNOFF1987 is on a distinguished road

I was always told it didnt make a difference so thats why I never bothered with it. Maybe ill tackle that this weekend if were all still here lol

Old 08-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Starting Member
01BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road

Cold Air Intake - The whole idea of a CAI is to provide cold air to the engine so you can get a denser charge. Those kits where the filter just hangs in the engine compartment are worthless. You are sucking up all the hot underhood air. You'd be better off drawing the air from the stock air box. Even the K&N kit with a heat shield doesn't prevent the hot underhood air from being drawn into the engine - unless you modify it. Your filter needs to be completely enclosed and sealed off so the only place it gets air from is the grille or fenderwell. Otherwise it is not very effective. You may think you are getting better performance because you can hear the engine sucking air, but the gains are far less than you realize. You may see an increase in mileage if you keep your foot out of it, but the results are far more impressive when you actually introduce cold air to the engine.