Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Backspacing Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 02:28 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oktain, funny you mention those flares. Make sure you check local 4x4 shop/authorities if those flares are legal! I stopped by my 4x4 shop about getting bumper brackets made and got to talking. And he said WV passed a law stating that aftermarket fender flares cannot be over 2-3 inches over factory. So those 4 inch deep pocket style flares that people run would be illegal and fail inspection here now.

I swear they should just say "West Virginia, we hate lifted trucks." on the Welcome to West Virginia signs instead of "Wild and Wonderful" lol
Lifted cars on 30 inch rims, regular inspection sticker.
Lowered truck that has to crawl over speedbumps sideways, regular inspection sticker.
My truck with a body lift and 31 inch tires. Mandatory modified inspection sticker. It pisses me off but at the same time I can't help but laugh.

But back to the thread, check with a local speed shop/4x4 place and see whats legal and what local law requires. As long as your "tread" isn't exposed when your wheels are perfectly straight, you are ok. If you do a water test and it only hits the sidewall, your golden. Trust me I know, watched them do it with my truck.