Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Contiplating SFA...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Logan is on a distinguished road
Default Contiplating SFA...

After looking at the price of 5-6" lifts and the labour involved, I think ill do a SFA swap instead. Ive been doing a lot of research on it, and a lot of people seem to use Jeep Cherokee axles. Ive been looking at Jeep Rubicon Axles. They have electronic lockers, and they are Dayna 44's in the front, spicer 44's in the rear. What do you guys think?
And after a SFA, I think ill do a V8 swap.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:46 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Contiplating SFA...

Dana = Spicer

But youre not going to SFA for less than the price of a 5' or 6' kit. Good choice though going SFA before the V8 swap...sas-ing removes the problems involved with oil pan clearances for the most part

Old 02-24-2009, 10:57 AM

Im not looking at it as trying to be cheaper. More or less I can do a bigger lift down the road when I can buy a Colorado for a DD. Ill do all the work my self, and I have access to all the equipment I need. The biggest pain and most expensive part is aquiring the dana 44's. Looking at $4000 for the set. I think I may try to buy a wrecked one for that, then sell off the rest of the parts...or late night shopping spree at a Jeep dealer...lol

Old 02-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It really comes down to how much you can do yourself and how cheap you can get the axles for. Materials alone, provided you can do all of the work yourself would be well below the cost of a 5-6" IFS lift. But that is highly dependent on the cost of the axle...

Old 02-24-2009, 04:01 PM

No issues on doing it myself. I can even do it at a buddies who has access to a CNC shop 24/7 if need be for custom parts. But besides that, I have all the equipment needed from the looks of things.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:25 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I dont see where the decision is then

Old 02-24-2009, 05:20 PM

The superlift looks pritty straight forward lift, so I was going to do that. But the more I see these SFA builds, the more they look better. Now after talking to my buddy that says his 1984 Toyota will out do my Jimmy any day on the trails, gives me more of an incentive to do this. He didnt like the fact that I asked him how long its been since he drove it...Toyota owners can get really whinny at times

Old 08-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Beginning Member
Iceman_19 is on a distinguished road

Can you post some links of these SFA swaps? I just purchased a 96 blazer, looking into this. Also, links for LS1 swaps into these body styles as well!

Old 08-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

SFA for sure, even with the high price of Rubicon axles you could bring down the cost a LOT by selling your stock parts(cant do that with an IFS lift) The rear end in your truck alone is worth a pretty penny not to mention the front diff and all the suspension/steering parts you will be removing. If you do make sure you take pics of the progress, it's something i've been contiplating as well just working too much right now.