Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Curious about leaf springs...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Beginning Member
Xb-lineblazerX is on a distinguished road
Default Curious about leaf springs...

Hey guys, I have a 97 blazer ls and the leaf springs in the back are on top of my axel. I was wondering if there's any way that i can flip the leaf springs over so that they are under the axel and my truck sits higher. I've been wanted to do a body lift or a t-bar and shackle lift and was wondering if this was possible so that the truck is higher off the ground. Any input at all is helpful and welcome.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to Lifting Tech*
Concerning the leaf springs, you have that backwards, the leaf is currently under your rear axle. Its called a SOA or spring over axle swap. Putting the axle under the leaf springs will provide ~4" of lift in the back of your truck and there really isn't any safe way to match the front without relocating the differential & control arms lower on the frame.

Check out some of the other threads in this section and you'll find your answers.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Beginning Member

sorry thats what i meant and thats what i was thinking... i could just body lift the front but the front diff would be all wacky, thanks for clarifying that for me

Old 09-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A body lift lifts the whole body further off the frame. You cannot body lift just the front.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Beginning Member

oh ya that completely passed my mind haha i feel stupid but thanks anyway, i think im just gonna throw a 3 or 4in body lift on it