Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

First Gen lift kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 04:34 PM
DRLExpress is on a distinguished road
Default First Gen lift kit

I am looking at a first gen ('92) 4dr Blazer and was wanting to put a IFS lift kit on it. I can not find anybody that still makes them for the first gen, except Rough Country has the 2.5". I was looking for 4"-6", the ones that lower the diff. RC has 6" ones for the 2nd gen. what would be involved in making that work. I don't know the difference between the two.

Any other options?

Thanks
Doug

Old 09-12-2018, 08:02 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Honestly, for what you would pay for a 6" IFS lift, and how much work you'd end up putting into it, you'd be pretty close to a budget solid front axle conversion. I would go that way.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:40 PM
DRLExpress is on a distinguished road

Yea, that is the other option. Ever time I think about it I change my mind back and forth. Right now I am leaning toward the SAS. Was wondering what the minimum lift I could do with the SAS. Most I see in all my reading on here are way more than 6".

Doug

Old 01-24-2019, 12:00 PM
Beginning Member
carlosblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DRLExpress
Yea, that is the other option. Ever time I think about it I change my mind back and forth. Right now I am leaning toward the SAS. Was wondering what the minimum lift I could do with the SAS. Most I see in all my reading on here are way more than 6".

Doug
Hi, iŽm in the same situation, the BDS or Superlift kit are around 2.000 USD. for that price you easily buy 2 XJ axles and then do a SAS. I think iŽll do a SAS in the future. For the other side, i dont want to do that kind of modification for my blazer and keep it as stock as possible but with a little lift, so the RC 2,5" is a perfect choice for me, i havent decided it yet.

I think that you can level it as you want maybe installing the axle over the leaf springs and also installing shackles. but i think the minimum lift will be 4-5". Maybe someone can help us with that, all the SAS lifts that i see, they install the axle at the bottom of the leaf springs, maybe if you install it over the leaf springs, you can lift it less.

Last edited by carlosblazer; 01-24-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:22 PM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by carlosblazer
Hi, iŽm in the same situation, the BDS or Superlift kit are around 2.000 USD. for that price you easily buy 2 XJ axles and then do a SAS. I think iŽll do a SAS in the future. For the other side, i dont want to do that kind of modification for my blazer and keep it as stock as possible but with a little lift, so the RC 2,5" is a perfect choice for me, i havent decided it yet.

I think that you can level it as you want maybe installing the axle over the leaf springs and also installing shackles. but i think the minimum lift will be 4-5". Maybe someone can help us with that, all the SAS lifts that i see, they install the axle at the bottom of the leaf springs, maybe if you install it over the leaf springs, you can lift it less.
Have you decided on the RC 2.5 or not yet? If so, what kind of tires and rims can you get under it? Also, what year is your Blazer?

Old 04-22-2019, 11:58 AM
Beginning Member

My blazer is a 93 S10 blazer. With the 2,5" kit IŽll use my stock rims and 31" MT tires, also i want to add 2" spacers too. But i think that you can cut a bit and install bigger fender flares so i can get enough space for 32" like the picture below. I dont want to install a BL,

I hope i can buy the lift kit now in may or june, cause i want to have it riding near summer here in chile (January). And i have plenty of things to repair too (electrical, body, interior, etc).

But as i say before, i guess iŽll do a SAS in the future.

Last edited by carlosblazer; 04-22-2019 at 01:16 PM. Reason: want to write mores stuff about lift kit
Old 04-22-2019, 02:56 PM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by carlosblazer
My blazer is a 93 S10 blazer. With the 2,5" kit IŽll use my stock rims and 31" MT tires, also i want to add 2" spacers too. But i think that you can cut a bit and install bigger fender flares so i can get enough space for 32" like the picture below. I dont want to install a BL,

I hope i can buy the lift kit now in may or june, cause i want to have it riding near summer here in chile (January). And i have plenty of things to repair too (electrical, body, interior, etc).

But as i say before, i guess iŽll do a SAS in the future.
Thanks for the info! I too will probably do the RC 2.5 since it's the most economical. It also helps to know I could put 31's on stock rims! I doubt seriously if I'll get into a SAS, unless I luck across what I need for the cheap. Have WAY too many other things to take care of like electrical, windows, suspension, tunes, body, rubber, vacuum lines, and the list goes on. Which MT's are you looking at and can you post some pictures of your Blazer?

"Summer her in chile (January) seems soooooo strange to me seeing as how I'm in Pennsylvania and in January I could have anywhere from 1' to 15' of snow!!!

Old 04-25-2019, 09:55 AM
Beginning Member

hahahaha, in chile summer is december to march and winter is july to september.

i first have to buy the kit, then i have to wait 30 days for the kit to arrive to chile. iŽll be posting pictures of the installation too