Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

New leaf springs and lift question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Beginning Member
sandman6983 is on a distinguished road
Default New leaf springs and lift question...

I have 221,000 miles on my 91 4x4 4dr blazer. The suspension is sagging a bit so I decided I'm going to put some new leaf springs on. When I do that I'm also going to throw on 2" shackles, which should come pretty close to level with the 1.5" torsion crank...right? I figure that should clear 31's just fine. My question is this though, will I be able to just crank the torsion bars to bring it level with the new leafs and 2" shackles (which on new components would be about a 1.5" torsion lift) or is there something else I should do for the front? Thanks for the help!

Old 01-09-2011, 09:56 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

um... if i read correctly you are just looking for a way to bring the front end up?
Yes, you can litterally just jack up the front, crank up the t-bars, and sit her back down. 1.5" shouldn't be too bad, but if you have oldder front end components, you may just sign your CV's death warrant...
Don't forget to get her re-aligned so you dont eat your tires up.

As for other things for the front, well, search away. there is plenty.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:49 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

while you can fit 31's on stock, it is a good idea to crank the t-bars a little.

i really don't know why i see this issue so much on the forum.

any shop that is selling you springs should also be setting the arc to what your truck needs. what i mean by that is, you'll never get the front & rear to sit the same if you just crank the t-bars and add shackles.

what if the sharkles lift it way more than you can crank the t-bars safely?

i don't know. maybe 'cause i've only ever bought my leaf packs through my spring guy, it just seems weird that this issue comes up so often.