Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Rough Country 2 inch kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Location: Eternia in the winter and Metropolis in the summer.
burningsun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rough Country 2 inch kit

I know Bandi has posted a thread about his issues with the 2inch kit from Rough Country. I'm have some issues also, nothing too big. But I'm pretty sure I've found a fix for the CV issues and its nothing to do with lowering the angle of the CV. Though a CV that would opperate at more extreme angle would totally kick ***. My problem even before lift was that the CV boots would rub against the shock. I'm pretty sure the spitting everyone talks about is because the boot will eventually get to thin and a hole will develop. Yes the higher angle will help push the grease out even more. There is a kid who works at auto zone here that has a 98 s10 he has shackles and the torsion keys and body lift. He was having the same problem with the CV rubbing the shock (he had Rough Country RS9000 shocks). He replaced the front shocks with a Monroe from a Forerunner, smaller diameter and did not rub the boot... He has had this set up for over a year now and has yet to have any issues with the CV's. I really like how the shocks handle off road so I'm just going to relocate the lower mount away from C-V about 1/4 to 1/2 inch that'll clear the boot just fine. There where some issues about the caliper bolts hitting the edges of the new control arms,... I have replaced the bolts and put lock washer on them, the stock ones keeped backing out. I did this last year. I just took a 1/3 inch from the corner off. No more problems there. So far I'm still glad I got the kit. Here are a few pictures. I already have been running about 1.5 to 1.75 inch front and 1.25 to 1.5 in the back. So I only got 1/2 to 3/4 an inch in the front over the before set up and 2 inches in the rear. So my rear sets about an inch higer than the front. But now it drives straight and keeps the alignment even after I've taken offroad. To be honest it drives as well as it did with half the miles and Now modifications...HELL I'm not even running my sway bar. Well... time to start making some shock mounts..

Attached Thumbnails Rough Country 2 inch kit-100_0992.jpg   Rough Country 2 inch kit-100_0989.jpg   Rough Country 2 inch kit-100_0994.jpg   Rough Country 2 inch kit-100_0999.jpg  
Old 05-30-2009, 02:04 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Lookin' good! Looks even taller with the lower truck behind it

Old 05-31-2009, 12:35 AM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

Kick A$$, another Blazer got high!

Old 06-01-2009, 01:31 PM

there are companies that make custom CV axles. that maybe the next thing I purchase.http://www.rcvperformance.com/engineering.html

Old 06-01-2009, 02:19 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

how much do those run? im not trying to be a d*ck, but this relativly cheap sl 2" kit looks like it might turn out to be pretty pricey.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:48 PM

custom shafts usually start just shy of 300. But there is a shop here that put thicker shafts on my step dads SHO CV axles for 60. again just having maybe an inch longer shaft maybe enough for us to get our axle angles in a more tolerant zone. I didn't want 6inches of lift. i wanted 3 but 2 is close. its the stock components that are the issues.