Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Wanting it to be a head turner!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 12:24 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Fatcat0491
2600 for a lift did anyone look at my bloody post it costs 1600$ and 600 gfor 35's? I SAID USED 35's

heres a 5" lift for 200 bucks http://maine.craigslist.org/bar/1395488423.html
1) That lift says pre-94's in the description

B) That lift is a POS, I'm sure he's looking for quality parts.

Oh btw, if you did any reading at all in the above posts you'd see we're not trying to talk him out of lifting, we offered other routes.:

Last edited by okvortec; 10-21-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: sp
Old 10-21-2009, 12:28 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Fatcat0491. First of all. CALM DOWN. We all saw your post (I speak for myself, and the 2 others that commented on it).
You simply SAID you could get parts A B and C for the prices listed. No on called you a GD liar, and suggested you be ripped from your bed screaming to be torutred all night in a gravel quarry....

I believe Sisk expressed disblief, which you have clearly countered with you link above.*BTW that is a HUGE deal!*

Also, okvortec said something along the lines of "you MIGHT be able to do 6" with 33-35's IF you bought everything USED and installed it all yourself. MAYBE." In post #2. Which I also read...

And as for the Blasphemy comment, What's the point? Post #1 says he wants a "head turner". He even said he just wants it too LOOK good, not even be all that functional (in response to the changing gearing line of posts). I am simply suggesting another means to go about it. I supposes I could have created a thread called "Hey RWRIGHT Look At This" in Lowering Tech and then posted a link here so he could find his way there instead. *shrug* 'Keep Your Posting in the Correct Section' says nothing of suggesting alternatives to the current section you are in...

I am not trying to be argumentative, but you do realize that in MOST situations 6" of lift AND 33-35" tires on a $1500 budget is simply unattainable. It. Will. Not. Happen. You have shown that it CAN be done. But I would be very impressed if that were repeatable with any kind of consistancy. Also, are those links local to him?

@ okvortec: the seller says pre 94. RWRIGHT has a 95. without knowing the brand of the lift (hell or anything about it really) it's hard to tell if it wouldn't fit his 95 for sure... BUT chances are that it will not, based on the probablility of 1 random lift set fitting 1 specific yr/make/model. it's a very slim chance that it will work at best. I agree with you that it is crap though. 100% chance that looks like garbage

Last edited by ABN31B; 10-21-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:02 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Fatcat0491. First of all. CALM DOWN.
I agree...holy spaz attack. Damn, I simply said I've never seen anything like that around here, no need to go crazy lol. You proved your point, you backed it up.

And I don't think any of us are trying to talk him out of getting a lift. We were all just trying to show him that lifting as high as he wants with the size tires he wants and DOING IT RIGHT WITH QUALITY on the budget he has probably isn't going to happen. Impossible - no. Improbable - yes.
No need to get all worked up...we're having a valid discussion about budget lifting.

This video is for you... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nDuans7UkA

@ okvortec: the seller says pre 94. RWRIGHT has a 95. without knowing the brand of the lift (hell or anything about it really) it's hard to tell if it wouldn't fit his 95 for sure... BUT chances are that it will not, based on the probablility of 1 random lift set fitting 1 specific yr/make/model. it's a very slim chance that it will work at best. I agree with you that it is crap though. 100% chance that looks like garbage
Considering the body styles changed dramatically from 94-95 there's no guarantee it would fit. They went from the boxy 1st gen to rounded 2nd gen style in 95. The underpinnings are most likely the same, but my guess is some parts in that kit probably won't fit right.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:29 PM
BF Veteran

okvortec / Sisk: Agreed. I doubt very seriously that that particular lift would work for him.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:47 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Could always buy a different Blazer:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1429505612.html

This guy said he'd take $3500. Haha.

Last edited by BlaziNator; 10-21-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:54 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Fatcat0491
2600 for a lift did anyone look at my bloody post it costs 1600$ and 600 gfor 35's? I SAID USED 35's

heres a 5" lift for 200 bucks http://maine.craigslist.org/bar/1395488423.html

heres some 35's for 400 bucks http://maine.craigslist.org/pts/1426077568.html

Theres your lift and tires For 600 Bucks. Hard to find... I think not
that lift wont work. Its for a 1st gen his is a second. You might be able to find a used kit for cheap but i guarantee it doesnt come with everything you need.

He wont be able to fit 35s but yes you can find good deals on tires once in a while.
Theres also other things that would be needed like shocks.

there are only 3 companies that make lifts for second gens superlift ($2200), trailmaster ($1800), and BDS ($2000)

Last edited by NVANZEE; 10-21-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:53 PM
BF Veteran

I believe there is a whole thread on what's wrong with the Trailmaster 2" Suspension Lift.
Search it up, then steer clear, judging by the masses. *shrug*

Old 10-21-2009, 10:04 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

I believe there is a whole thread on what's wrong with the Trailmaster 2" Suspension Lift.
Search it up, then steer clear, judging by the masses. *shrug*
they also have a 5in, not sure how good it is. I dont recommend any 2in suspension lift.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:26 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by NVANZEE
they also have a 5in, not sure how good it is. I dont recommend any 2in suspension lift.
Lol. yeah if you need 2" so bad you are willing to dump $1,250 or more, you may want to consider just paying for the extra 3 inches.... *looks for a way to make that less phalic* *fails* you know what i mean. and I agree all that work and all that $ for 2"s?

Old 10-22-2009, 06:31 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

lol...Curtis your posts make my laugh .
2" sus lift does seem somewhat pointless though...unless coupled with a BL and tbar/shackle lift.

Quick Reply: Wanting it to be a head turner!