Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

ECM-Ign Fuse & ex.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 10:19 AM
Charlie_Sketch is on a distinguished road
Default ECM-Ign Fuse & ex.

Posted-Yesterday (Apr 1) on Gen. Info
I’m hoping that there is someone or someone’s that can give me some information and pointers.

I have a 1994 Blazer 4x4, one day a couple months ago out of nowhere the ECM ignition fuse just started blowing so I kept changing it out with a new one the fuse I’m speaking on and it kept doing it so I started going through things under the hood and noticed that there was somewhere in tow where why is where actually showing on the ignition connectors so I replace those. It was good for about a week maybe a week and a half and then it started blowing again luckily, I was not far from a relatives house so I got it now, and I’ve been working on it cents. And to make it worse now it has a no crank, no start. So from now on a stone, checking other wires checked the ignition distributor and then went under the driver side dash and the wires were a gaggle. **** I’m in the process of fixing that mess and now I feel all that the key is stuck in the ignition, and it won’t go back to off! If there’s anyone that can give me some pointers one thing I didn’t check was the ignition control module. I still have to do some research on where it exactly is on this truck. As for the pictures that I’m going to attach to this, this is what I mean by gaggle **** people just wing it the hell up then what they had to and left it so now after I’ve bought the thing 2 1/half three years ago it’s starting to have issues, and some of this is the reason why and it’s like really Simons pretty easy, I mean shoot if you don’t know how to do it, YouTube it.

Oh, and I also changed out multiple sensors, the idle air control valve and several other use because a buddy had a obd1 scanner!

Update (April 2)
-Crank 5A- what is this for? Didn’t know if it’s to help crank the engine I don’t know that but whoever screwed with it in the past I don’t know if it should be

Old 04-02-2023, 04:50 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Assuming this is a 262 V6 (4.3 liter) and the wiring is same as a 1990.

Crank fuse is hot with key in crank position. Tells ECM that vehicle is cranking. purple/white stripe wire.

ECM1 is hot with key in either crank or run position. Feeds 12V to injectors and ESC module and EGR solenoid - also has a feed into the ECM normally pink/black stripe wire (except before injector turns into one white, and one red wire).

ECMB is hot at all times. Feeds into fuel pump relay, oil pressure switch, antilock brake module, the ECM. orange wire

Need specific questions to say anything more.

Last edited by LesMyer; 04-02-2023 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-04-2023, 05:15 PM

Les, No it’s a ‘94 Blazer 4x4 K1500 so it has a 5.7 V8.

Last edited by Charlie_Sketch; 04-04-2023 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-04-2023, 09:41 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

OOPs - sorry! I don't have the wiring for the full size.

Old 04-07-2023, 02:35 PM

Well I appreciate it anyways if anyone has a wiring diagram for this I would really appreciate it I’ve looked and for some reason the fuse box and so forth a wrong so that means one of two things either the person or person that messed with all this in the past just messed it all up I plan to re do the harness but first I need to get back to work because my money in savings is gone now!