Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Multiple issues??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Starting Member
zacklander is on a distinguished road

Ok, I'm at my wits end, and I have already hurt my back because of fixing things in the last few days, so I don't have much left. But here goes.

The battery light came on a few days ago, then the car proceeded to die. I replaced the alternator and had it tested at O'Reillys, and it tested fine. However, after jumping it, as soon as we removed the cables it died. I replaced the battery next, and for a few days, everything looked fine. THe check engine light went on last night, and I checked it and it gave me a code for the emission evaporation system which the book reported was a problem in the fuel system. I don't know if this issue is related to the rest, but I checked the fuel cap and the fuel system and replaced the fuel filter and now the light is off, but I'm not sure if it is because of the fuel filter, or if because, this morning, I started having issues with the starter and the battery seems to have got so low that it reset the computer and turned the light off. But this morning, as I was going to get the fuel filter replaced, the starter on the car was having issues. I could slam on the gas and it would get the car started, but now the car will not start up at all. It acts like it is trying, but then after a second it goes to making a clicking sound. I feel like there is an overall electrical issue causing things to fail one by one, but I really don't know what to think anymore.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

this is a 99 Blazer LS by the way.

Last edited by swartlkk; 06-28-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Are all of the connections on the starter, battery, and the main ground connections from the battery to the frame/engine/etc clean & tight? Have you tried monitoring the voltage at the starter main post while cranking and comparing that to the voltage at the battery?

It almost sounds like you have a blown or failing fusible link that is either prohibiting the charging of the battery or prohibiting the battery power from getting to the starter and the rest of the system.