Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Sow how stupid an idea is an LED tailgate strip?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 01:59 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

Do required lights not have to work in Wyoming?[/QUOTE]

Required factory installed lights yes but rarely do you get pulled over for them. Anything aftermarket as long as it's not falling off vehicle it doesn't matter if it works or not - can be more or less considered decoration.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:08 AM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

I guess it all depends on where we live, state by state... Where I live it is illegal to have rear facing "off road/spot lights" if they are mounted above the rear bumper... Heck, some states will ticket you if the 3rd brake light dosen't work or a license plate light is out... Go figure!!!

Old 02-20-2019, 05:55 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

I've thought about this, as well.

I'd like to see how it turns out.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:01 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tom A
I've spent a lot of time in small town Iowa, and I prefer it, too.
Me 3. It's a really good place to be a kid - at least my town was when I was a kid. Worst thing was competition between different small town high schools could get a teenager beaten, if you was in the wrong town at the wrong time. In a small town they know when you don't belong there, and everyone knows each other's business. I miss it. Unfortunately had to move away for job a long time ago.

Now I live in your typical housing development near city of 100K in Indiana. But I only know one of my three next door neighbor's last name. Still, we appear to be the premier development for outsiders to bring their kids for trick-or-treating (so we must not be all bad)! Entire development seems to take it as a compliment, and we give out tons of the good stuff. Kids appear in groups of up to 10 or so, one group right after another - and we typically give out 10 pounds of candy in a couple of hours..

Last edited by LesMyer; 02-21-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:18 PM
Starting Member
Vahomboy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by go chevy
I guess it all depends on where we live, state by state... Where I live it is illegal to have rear facing "off road/spot lights" if they are mounted above the rear bumper... Heck, some states will ticket you if the 3rd brake light dosen't work or a license plate light is out... Go figure!!!
VA will in a heartbeat! They love to pull over people for having a rear light (license plate, brake light or turn signal) out whether it is or not. Well look at that, it's working again. License, registration and proof of insurance.