The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Best way to syphon fuel from car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:42 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by streblo
or you can use your pipes grip each side and rip the tank apart..

could probably drill the bottom on low speed on the drill, low chances of sparking then
Electric motor in the drill loves to give off little sparks... I personally think his best bet is to start by dropping the tank. When it comes to something that's as potentially dangerous as this situation shortcuts are NOT an option. Drop the tank and go from there, either cut the filler hose off with a pipe cutter (no filings) and syphon from there, or try putting power to the fuel pump. Keep a fire exstinguisher near by as well, as was stated make sure it's ABC.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:00 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

ok go old school and use a hand drill :P haha, I think best/easiest way to recover the gas is def running the fuel line into a countainer and putting power to it.....dropping the tank is probably more time and effort than the amount of gas your going to recover.....you could always dump some fuel stabilizer in it, then put a pan of salt water to the bottom and wait for it to corrode until the gas leaks out, then it might be worth 2 bucks a litre

Old 05-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Beginning Member
hellrasin' is on a distinguished road

i like the way you think ;]

Old 05-19-2011, 09:42 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Find the fuel relay and jump the 2 connections with a paper clip? Thats what ive done to 3 cars. Pumps purrs like a kitty and gives me gas. haha

Old 05-19-2011, 11:55 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

That anti syphon thing only works for hoses the size of the hole for filling. Try using some 3/8 tubing. Mines about 15 foot long, I prod it around till it gets through the blockages, and then jam most of it in the tank so only a littles sticking out. Then I stick a thumb on the end, and pull 10ft back out - hold it down below the tank - and take thumb off. Works like a charm but its gonna take a while, I usualy just fill the mower tank from my blazer since its not going anywhere anytime soon. Ive had sucess getting larger hose in there, but its kinda hard so I use the small hose.