Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Do you like your job?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 04:57 PM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

^ Dude, that sucks!!!! Cant even fire you in a face to face conversation? WTF?!!!!

Old 05-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Beginning Member
Mark95603 is on a distinguished road

Wow that is a load of BS!!

As far as my job goes, I enjoy the actual work, but some of the crap (DOT, wore out equipment) I gotta put up with is getting old and the hours need to pick up ASAP.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:42 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Work was going great. I was getting 60 hours a week, no problems i was aware of. Im going down there at 7am and find out wtf happened..

Wanna know what sucks the MOST? i told my brother they were hiring,so he put a application in. I got that call at 2:19pm. He got a call at 4pm saying he got the job after he went for a interview yesterday. So i got replaced by my brother i guess.its not a bad thing. just kinda funny.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
5/10/2011 2:19pm Voicemail :

Hello Christopher,this is linda from "such n such". Im calling to let you know your job position has been terminated. Im sorry,If you have any questions please call the office"

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

well..that lasted a little while. I dont even know why i got fired,ive called 3 times with no answer. Well,the v8 conversion is now on hold.
sorry to hear. hope every thing gos alright by you

Old 05-12-2011, 08:40 PM
oklahomaboy is on a distinguished road

lol i've got a job that can either make a person or break them.
probably one of the most rewarding or most stressful jobs you can have

I sell cars! ahh it sucks haha
but the pay is good, sometimes.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:42 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

which one?
Back home in winnipeg i work at a bike shop...i have my own office and make my own hours....i do pretty much anything i want there,,sell stuff,,work on computers...i got pissed off the other week when people parked like douchs so i painted parking lines in the lot...haha.........anyways love being able to work whenever i wanted..i moved to whistler for the summer and somehow i ended up having to make the schedule until i got back.......but basically im on a leave of absence so i have my job when i get back....i can remote access all the computers so i work remotely from time to time when they need assistance....they gave me a 17% raise right before I left (i think they are scared i wont come back)............anyways i love it..busy though, before I left i put in 130 hours the last 2 weeks before i left and put in close to that much in the busy season...but its like a second home to me.........so i really enjoy my job...

away in whistler for the summer I work at another bike shop..i have yet to start but i dont plan on working much here......trying to find the gf a job out here i stumbled upon something and i got another job..haha..that i can do anywhere....got a job as a mystery shopper....haha its awsome i get paid to walk into stores and do a write up on the experience..sometimes just get a free meal out of it or get free stuff...haha....

Old 05-13-2011, 06:18 PM
oklahomaboy is on a distinguished road

lol depends on the week/month..

Last month i was sailin easy.
This month, well its the 13th, i haven't sold anything, so i'm not making any money whatsoever.

so this month is stressful as all get out lol

Old 05-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Beginning Member
diRteh is on a distinguished road

I've been a machinist since I can remember.. I started working in the medical device Mfg field in '90.. It seemed to be the last Mfg that is actually done in the US any more.. Now they're finding ways to bring machined parts inside from elsewhere..

I've been out of a job since this past Dec.. First time I have been out of work since i'm 16 years old..

Now I just signed up for college classes.. so that makes me a freshman?.. If I could sell this big pile of bricks, I could move and get a job.. but being in OK at least I can afford to be broke.. It just sucks.. Now I wish it would stop raining long enuff for me to cut the grass so I'm not too bored..

.. bottom line.. If you have a job, keep it till something better comes along.. If everyone liked what they did for a living, there would be no hobbies for us to have!

Old 05-13-2011, 11:44 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I work at a nursery usually a cashier but I do do most other things loading mulch trees ect. I love my job the people I work with, hardly any stress, pay is pretty decent, and customers are pleasant for the most part. I wouldn't trade my job for anything right now it fits my school schedule perfect and I get good hours, so I can't complain since some of my friends can't find jobs

Old 05-14-2011, 12:08 AM
Beginning Member
Mark95603 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by diRteh
.. bottom line.. If you have a job, keep it till something better comes along..
That's no joke there. I've been hitting the pavement hard looking for a job for the last 3-4 months on my own sending resumes, emails, and filling out apps to everything I can find and have gotten maybe 3 interviews and no offers as of yet. My hours have been dwindling to the point now that I have worked maybe 40 hours in the last 4 to 5 weeks, and this is suppose to be the time of year when things are suppose to get busy. I've got to get something before this winter or things are going to really go in the toilet.

Yesterday I finally decided to use a placement agency that deals with placing truck drivers with PERMANENT jobs. This is a big point for me because I haven't been able to find full time work in the past three years, and I'm tired of struggling to get by on a few hours here and there and being glued to my phone 24/7 waiting for the boss to call.

Anyways, I should know more early next week and hopefully I can get headed in the right direction again.