The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

HP Pavillion--Crapped Out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:26 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sisk
I'd never buy a mac either. So you don't get virus'...big whoop. It's not worth the MASSIVE premium you pay for them. $2400 for an iMac!? Yeah...right. I'll stick with my PC thanks.
But I digress. We can't turn this into another mac vs. pc thread lol.

osinirish - What did you decide to get to replace the HP junkbox?

Toshiba A505.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:21 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cbr995
Yeah... I'd rather not buy an over-priced over-hyped fashion statement.
same here

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
but it's true, they're awsome (once you get used to thier OS).
they're ok, but I wouldn't buy one...ever

Originally Posted by wlorton
I know its not funny, but you cant debate the security and the strength of the platform.... Just google mac viruses... they do make them... but you have to be a complete moron to get one... Also they tend to use better components to justify the price... (I am a fan boy and will argue.. lol) but They did use some crappy fujitsu drives and my 12in sub trashed my hard drive thrice.... never play extremely loud music near a laptop... lol.... but Seriously on the Windows platform... Acer makes some good stuff... Hp and Gateway are crap and would never touch them with a ten foot pole...
If your smart you'd install a anti-virus/spyware/malware..... and if you can't then you deserve a virus. The components do not justify the price, I could build a computer that ran twice as fast as a mac for half the price. I too an a fan boy and will argue.

I will say they do make a great iPods/iPhones/iTouches. I'd really like to see there how there new tablets turn out

Old 01-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oisinirish
Toshiba A505.
That is a good choice!

I ended up going for the Lenovo Ideapad Y550P which I have had no overall complaints. Very capable laptop!

Old 01-15-2010, 01:29 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by The_Beast
same here

If your smart you'd install a anti-virus/spyware/malware..... and if you can't then you deserve a virus. The components do not justify the price, I could build a computer that ran twice as fast as a mac for half the price. I too an a fan boy and will argue.

I will say they do make a great iPods/iPhones/iTouches. I'd really like to see there how there new tablets turn out
Not to offend... but they also say that many more people who know less about computers tend to buy the cheapest setups from best buy (or whatever) and are ill informed about viruses... That being said, I do understand that for the price of a Fully loaded Imac, one can build a computer with 4tb of storage and smoke some crazy fast speeds...

Old 01-15-2010, 11:52 AM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
Not to offend... but they also say that many more people who know less about computers tend to buy the cheapest setups from best buy (or whatever) and are ill informed about viruses... That being said, I do understand that for the price of a Fully loaded Imac, one can build a computer with 4tb of storage and smoke some crazy fast speeds...
I know there are a lot of people who don't know a thing about computer (in my case most of my family) but the people working at best buy (or whatever) always try to sell Norton... with the computer. And most prebuilts computers come with an anti-virus trial of some sort.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:18 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The_Beast
I know there are a lot of people who don't know a thing about computer (in my case most of my family) but the people working at best buy (or whatever) always try to sell Norton... with the computer. And most prebuilts computers come with an anti-virus trial of some sort.
True say about anti-virus'. They will sell you anything under the sun! I bought my computer and told the guy to be quite because he was trying to sell me tv tuners, and stuff I really didn't need. As for anti-virus' I use Antivir by Avira, Its free and has never let me down.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:00 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

And the stistics kicked me in the groin again. 2 months and three days later the hard drive in the NEW laptop throws a rod right through the engine block. Good thing I back-up religiously. And of course Best Buy is almost an hour away.